Rooftop

Chapter 40

Noah

"Come again?" Haley's brother Marc said.

As soon as the table was set, Haley's entire family sat down, prayed, and began to have a dinner of fried catfish, spaghetti and bread. I thought we were going to ease in to the topic of me being a vampire but before anyone could take a single bite Haley blurted out the new.

"Ha", Haley's brother-in-law, Kevin, said. "That's a good one".

"It's not a joke", her sister Laura said filling the silence.

"Well there goes our nice dinner", Haley's mother said with a deep exhale.

"What, happen", Jackson asked at the other end of the table cluelessly enjoying his dinner.

"Noah's a vampire!" Anna loudly pronounced.

"Son of a bitch!" Marc shouted throwing his fist down on the table.

"Watch your mouth", Haley's father,Emmett, threatened seething in anger.

"I can't believe I lost this bet!" Mark said standing up and digging into his back jean pocket. He pulled out a $5 bill and handed it to Lilly. She did a little dance in her chair before methodically folding the bill into the tiniest little square.

"Money", she whispered.

"You knew!" Marc's wife Amy shouted as she pushed her chair away from mine.

"I didn't know she was actually telling the truth!"

"You took a bet against Lilly!" Haley screamed.

"Hey, hey, hey, Lily is a part of this family that's what we do", He then mumbled under his breath,"And apparently bang vampires".

"O go choke", Haley barked.

"I'll be taking that", Jackson said taking my plate of food.

"Toss the bread down here", Kevin requested and Jackson did.

"Wait but Laura and Mom knew!" Samuel shouted.

"Becca?" Haley's father said in a state of shock.

"Of course Mom knew. The bigger question is how did Lilly know?" Laura explained.

Lilly was still focused on her money and she whispered to herself,"Gloria".

"Oh, oh so the whole house knew!"Mark said dramatically.

"Yew Yew tree", Lily said to herself. No one else paid attention to what she had just said. But Gloria clearly had a full-blown conversation with Lilly about me I guess before she threatened to destroy me with the yew yew pine.

"You told Gloria before you told me!" Anna yelled offended.

"I didn't tell Gloria anything! She figured it out on her own!" Haley raged. I felt like I should say something but there was never a time to insert myself in the conversation... about me.

"Becca! This will ruin Haley! Why would you let her do something so stupid if you knew what he was!"

"He mind controlled her!" Anna shouted.

"Just on the record. If that happened I want my money back. Because then I was right because it did take some unholy supernatural entity to get the job done", Marc stated.

"O go fuck yourself!" Haley screamed.

"At least she has the foresight to use a condom", Jackson laughed to himself.