Well, Congratulations

Chapter 1

Noah

"Try to eat something, anything", Mrs. Patterson encouraged Haley. She had been up for two days and still looked pale and weak. "You like your juice boxes. Or maybe some soup?"

"Nana, the idea of eating makes me feel sicker" Haley groaned as I sat down next to her and held her hand. Innocently enough a ran my thumb right over her pulse to make sure she wasn't a vampire. She still had a pulse, it was slightly slower than usual but that could be because she haven't eaten and has been bedridden.

"How will you get stronger if you don't eat?" Mrs. Patterson pushed moving the swing out table closer to Haley

"Drugs", she responded.

"Four bites. Just four little bites and I'll drop it for today".

"That's a trap".

Knock knock!

Before anyone could say come I  POTUS walked in with a black suite and her hair pulled back into a tight bun flanked by a petite woman transformally in a white shirt and black spirit. I remember seeing her when we were in the hospital and the black man in the navy suite was new. I stood up and saluted her and she acknowledged it before refocusing her attention on Haley.

"How are you feeling?" POTUS asked directly standing at the front of the bed.

"Like I've been shot".

"Any discomfort you have should disappear with in the next few day the doctors say", POTUS flitorous and dismissed her two assistance. "In a while I've been president we haven't had any active shooter incidences. In fact I can't remember the last time we've had a situation like this".

"Well, congratulations", Haley said sarcastically falling back into bed.

"I can't imagine that's good for your image", Mrs. Patterson added. "Especially with this being an election year".

"Exactly. Haley Therap has been good to you. You received top medical care. All of which was free. Found a partner made friends---".

"Was fucking shot!" Haley stressed as her chest rose and fell hard like she was struggling to breathe,"I don't act like you put me here because you wanted to. If it wasn't on camera you would have let me die".

There was a heavy silence in the room as POTUS and Haley stared threatening at one each other,"My loyalty to this democracy to the citizens I vowed to serve and protect is not something I take lightly".

"I know. But I'm Evian. And that's never going to change so I'm not yours".

"Semantics".

"And when it comes down to it semantics are all that matters", Haley fired back. I had no idea where this surge of energy came from. It almost didn't sound like her. "You want something. And I want something too".

"And that is?"

Aiden

"What do I tell her?" Haley asked through our mental link.

"Help!" Gloria screamed as I gagged her and finished tying her up. Her apartment was nice overly feminine with white pink frills but had an ounce of sophistication I wasn't expecting with a few touches of gold mixed in. I looked down at the woman who was going to be nothing but a headache to me. She looked so small and fragile in the white king-size four-poster as I tied her down. The light from the hallway spilled in, making her long, black tangled hair gleam. Her complexion was, tanned even with it still being winter, and her skin looked like porcelain, so smooth and perfect. It was the kind of skin that begged to be caressed and kissed. The kind of skin that needed to be bare, to feel the trace of a real man's fingers.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at my own lust. Clearly, I had to type and it was... pretty woman.

I let out a slow, steadying breath and allowed my gaze to follow the line of her slender throat to the edge of her dress. I cocked my head to the side in contemplation. Her breasts were perhaps a C cup, likely topped with responsive pink nipples. Breasts just large enough to fill my hands. Nipples perfect to explore with my tongue.

I felt like a lecher admiring her this way right now, but I couldn't help it. It was natural sexual attraction.

Gloria's bed would have to be her prison for now. I could not make her pass out again for fear It would do damage to her mind. So all I could do was gag her and tie her down to each of the poles.

"Haley, calmly explain you want her to give you the infrastructure to protect your town. POTUS is more than capable of giving you the tools to do that. You'll need: soilders, weapons, technology and most importantly electric. Basically everything you would need to build a city. Any return you will see in the praises of therap. You'll be that picture of perfect couple she's so desperately needs to parade around the state".

I sat on the edge of Gloria's desk and played with a old golden Zippo lighter. The flame flared intermittently in the dim light of
the room as I waited for Haleys response. I looked out the tall window and saw the city of Manhattan hadn't changed. I don't remember the last time I had been here. I almost forgotten how beautiful the city was in the day. How wonderful sunlight could be.

Out of the corner of my eye I watched as Gloria struggled to free herself. I pulled a cigarette from my back pocket and lit the stick taking a long drag needing the nicotine to mellow me out. "You know I'm not going to hurt you".

She fought against her restraints even harder. The more she struggled the quicker she would tire herself out. I focused my attention back to Haley. If she could keep calm and sensibly talk this out with POTUS Haley could get exactly what she wanted. It's not like Therap hasn't been in Evian before without being welcomed. I took another drag from my cigarette and open the window not wanting to sit in the smoke.

"Gloria, you've set off a chain reaction of events you have no idea you've caused", I said calmly. "when you used your name and registered yourself for the census. Haley was already a "person of interest" to the state of Evian and her name was pinned. So when you gave the name Turner that immediately got flagged and sent to someone. When you're train stopped the State then sent someone to investigated who this Turner was that was trying to take a train from Illinois to New York and lo and behold Haley was there. So they took care of the situation with five bullets to the chest and one to the head. and I'd like to imagine you don't know any of this because the train station was put on lockdown and once people were actually able to leave you were immediately processed and put through the system".

I could see hate in her eyes as she nodded her head yes. She tried to say something but I wasn't going to risk on gagging her and on the off chance someone passing by could hear her scream. "If you're going to stay in Therap you're going to have to be more conscientious just about the news. It's the first sign of an outsider if you're trying to blend in".

I watched as heavy tears fell from her eyes. I could tell they weren't sincere but trap.

"Like I said",  flicking my cigarette out the window,"I'm not going to hurt you. Whatever broken relationship you have with your family is between you and your family. I'm just here to help my fledgling transition as best as she can".

I stood up and grabbed my black long coat from the white wicker chair. "I'll be back to check on you in an hour. This goes without saying if you run I will find you. Or I'll put a bounty on you for your AB- blood and then someone will definitely find you. I suggest you be here, exactly how I left you when I get back".

With round brown eyes Gloria shook her head yes.

Good.

I exited her master bedroom through the glass French doors and as soon as I was out of her eyesight I forced myself to teleport back to the hospital. I needed to check in on my fledgling.

She was probably hungry.