Deal

Chapter 32

Adein

I said at the far end of the white 20 person table away from Gloria. She didn't appreciate being tied to the chair and forced to talk to her mother. But I kept her pleasant enough so that she and her family could catch up. I focused on my tablet needing to figure out what my next move was going to be. Haley still wanted to go home. And I could not blame her for being homesick. A lot was changing around her and at least her hometown was a constant facet in her life. I just didn't know how I was going to deal with that. I could be out in the sun for a couple of hours without feeling it's effect. But who knows how long she would actually want to stay there and there was a therapy presence in the small town. Someone could know me. And I didn't need another problem in my life.

At least Haley was feeling better.

The dark cloud she casted over both our soul had lifted. And I needed to enjoy it while it lasted. Haley's transition was not going to be easy I didn't expect it to be. But since we are so late it would be like me going through vampire puberty all over again.

Yay...

"O you weren't that bad".

"Go away, mother", I said not bothering even to look up to Victoria. She made herself comfortable sitting on the edge of the table as I continue to scroll through my tablet. I needed information on Haley's little town but it didn't look like any information existed.

"So mean, and after the favor I did you",damn it.

If Victoria wanted my attention she now had it just like she wanted. I put down my tablet and stared up to my mother who is dressed and a tight strapless black dress with furry brown heels. "What did you do?"

"Nothing big", lies,"I Just compelled Haley to feel better. I did it for you. I can't imagine going through her second hand depression?"

"Don't", I said gripping the arms of my chair. "I don't need you interfering with Haley's life. If she needs to be depressed, sad, cry let her. There's a process to everything and you taking away her emotions doesn't help anyone. Not in the long run".

"You always been impossible to please even as a child. I did you a kindness", She said twisting me into the bad guy.

"No you did what you wanted. Haley is my offspring---"

"And my descendant. Why won't you let me help you?" She said leaning back to her elbows.

"Mother what part of this situation makes you think I need any help? If anything you make it more difficult to manage", I said tossing my tablet down in puff.

"I'm supporting you. Just as you have supported me all these years. My love, you don't want a child. What good is she to you? If you leave your offspring with me I promise you you'll be well taken care of and I will prepare her for this new world just as I prepared you", That's what I'm worried about.

"Whether I like it or not the circumstances are what they are. I take full responsibility of my actions".

"And that's the beauty of me. You don't have to anymore. Go enjoy your life, find a pretty woman.. or ten, gamble, drink, be a debaucherous hedonist and know you're offspring is safe under my watch. I will show her how to hunt---"

"We don't do that anymore", I interrupted.

"Temperament".

"From you?"

"And control", She said grimly.

"I'm not leaving Haley", My mind was already made up.

"But, you will", she grimed like the the devil. Great, so her premonition abilities have returned. That's why she was so confident.