Disposable

Chapter 44

Noah

I was ready to get out of this bunker. I spent all day answering Haley's families questions about vampires.

No I did not kidnap babies and drain them of their blood.

No I didn't make some kind of deal with the devil.

No I didn't sell my soul to some demon for immortality.

The true answer that I was bitten wasn't good enough. So they kept guessing for most of the day. I guess this was better than how Haley originally took the news.

"Teeth", Haley's youngest sister said sitting next to me. Unlike the others Lily didn't have an innate fear about me. I didn't know if it was because of what Gloria had told her or if her mind just couldn't comprehend exactly what was going on.

"Hmmm?"

"Teeth. Sharp teeth", She said as if she was bitting an apple.I understood she wanted to see my teeth. But I also didn't want to scare the entire household.

"Someone's chatty today", Becca smiled as she tucked Amy into bed. She had finally fallen asleep once her husband, Marc was here to calm her down. He stood over his wife an unborn child like the most astute guard dog.

"Friend. New friend", Lilly stated as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Family. Noah is family, Lilly", Emmett explained. I couldn't tell if Lily was actually processing what Emmett had told her. She just stared forward with dead eyes.

"Mom?" Marc asked still focused on his wife.

"Yes?" Becca answered as she put a blanket over Amy's feet.

"If the baby comes tonight and I'm not here. Or something else happens to me or Amy---"

"Stop it. Don't even think that. We always pull through and nothing is going to happen that we haven't lived there before. You both are going to be fine", Becca said sternly.

"I wish Gloria was here", he mumbled.

"Me too", Lilly whispered.

"We can always call her", Jackson suggested as he threw a ball against the wall to bounce right back into his hand.

"You know he's right. I'm sure she could walk us through the steps of how to give birth? And plus Mom has done it how many times it can't be that different", Laura said sitting across from me against the opposite wall with her husband and Samuel.

"God will work it all out", Haley's father said as he sat under the opening hatchet and a little wooden stool with his gun on his lap.

"And if he doesn't. We know Haley will", Samuel said speaking up. That was a lot of pressure to put on Haley. She had no control over the people she met. If they're truly wasn't a doctor within a hundred miles what more could she do?

"Didn't Mr. Bakers dogs have puppies? Can't he help Amy the same way he helped the dog?" Anna asked As Jackson bounced his small rubber ball over to her.

"I don't think childbirth and human birth are the same", Kevin blurted out.

"They most certainly are not", Becca said sitting on the edge of Amy's bed.

"Mechanics wise---"

"Jackson, no", Laura said completely shutting down his train of thought.

Stomp, stomp, stomp.

"It's me. Open up", Haley shouted from above.

Emmet and Kevin work together to pull the metal latch open. From the lack of sunlight that didn't come I could tell it wouldn't be long until night fall. Haley jumped down into the bunker with ease. And without a second thought she switched guns with her father so that she had the M16. Kevin and Emmett worked together to lock the bunker again securing us underground.