CHP 28 || Are You Falling in Love?

Start from the beginning

Kit made a small sound of acknowledgment but didn't say anything.

"You're the first person I had up here in a while, you know. This is nice."

The overwhelmed look that grazed Kit's face was so sudden that I quickly stammered to take back my words.

"That- I don't mean anything by it! I'm just saying that it's nice to have some company when all this time I've been coming home alone and leaving alone, that's all. I didn't mean-"

"Let's just watch the stupid movie and get it over with." Kit pushed past me, moving over to my couch and taking a seat.

Quite timidly, I'd have to point out.

"Right." I clapped my hands together, "Popcorn?"

"No thanks."

"I'll.. make some popcorn." I hummed, turning around on my heel and heading towards the kitchen.

Something I learned with Kit; do not always ask him. Just go for it. On most occasions, he doesn't mind it. I mean, who can resist snacks when watching a movie? Tsk tsk.

From over at the pantry, I peered over at Kit every so often. I'm not sure if he was trying to hide his nervousness or not, but the way he was fidgeting with his hands and looking around timidly and sitting as if he doesn't want to move a single muscle, I don't assume he was trying to show it on purpose.

Which, honestly, made me a little sad. Because as much as I enjoy P'Kit's company, I don't want to make him uncomfortable.

But at this point, we are already here. I might as well try my best to make this night a good night for him.

"Don't you want to get rid of your bag? It must be a bit uncomfortable around your neck, no?" I asked, once I walked back towards Kit with a bowl of popcorn in my hand and two bottles of soda in the other.

He was still wearing his bookbag, the one which he always wears in university and carries around.

"I'm fine." Kit responded shortly.

"Phi, please. Here, give it to me. I'll hang it by the door for you." I reached out my hand.

Kit was a bit hesitant before he finally sighed, pulling the bag off his shoulder and handing it to me.

"Geez, what do you have in here? Bricks?" I couldn't help but laugh, the sudden weight catching me off guard.

"Books, I don't think you're one who can relate." Kit narrowed his eyes.

"Oh, I can relate alright." I called out, in the process of hanging his bag, "Just not everyday."