Chapter - 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

Start from the beginning

Sameer clicked a picture of his dinner, and sent it to his fiance with a caption - "Can't wait to have my favourite gravy wali sabzi from your hands."

Naina opened the snap disinterestedly, and the tomato gravy with a thick coating of butter looked pleasing to the eye.

She was going to write 'Tempting' when suddenly She remembered she has to avoid Sameer for the sake of their better future. She restrained her fingers, and pushed away her phone in annoyance. For the first time in life she had ignored someone purposely, there wouldn't be someone as selfish as hers in this world. She is hurting him for her benefits, but she wasn't left with any other option. She didn't have the heart to inflict anguish on her already broken-hearted parents, they have been through a lot of difficulties because of her.

"Log kehte hai tumhare paas degree hai, paisa hai, family hai, friends hai...sab kuch hai, but they don't know itna sab kuch hone ke bawjud mere paas sukoon nahi hai, mere paas khushiyon nahi hai...mere paas woh nahi hai jisse maine itna pyaar kiya tha...mere paas meri marzi nahi hai, despite having everything...I am the most poor girl in this world. For a child nothing is more difficult than seeing her/his parents crying because of them...meri zid ki wajah se mere mom dad ko itna embarrassed feel hua hai sabke saamne, it's all my fault, but how? I just loved someone so deeply and madly...I just committed a beautiful mistake of trusting a guy like Vivaan." Naina cried her heart out in grief, and buried her face in the soft pillow to conceal her screeching noise.

She didn't realise when she fell asleep while weeping. Her slumber was disturbed by the sound of her phone, and she sluggishly attended the call, only to hear a masculine voice whispering her name - "Hey Naina."

"Umm Hi." She replied in a low voice.

"How are you?" He asked her in a soft voice.

"I am good...you?" Naina questioned.

"I am good too, had dinner?" Sameer lay his head on the pillow.

"Yeah, what about you?" She asked him, while rubbing her heavy eyes.

"Yes done, photo bheja tha na maine...tumne dekha nahi?" He asked her in a perplexed tone.

"Umm haan dekha tha." Naina said meekly.

"Caption padha tha?" Sameer asked her excitedly.

Naina massaged her forehead in annoyance, and replied - "Yes padha tha."

"Good, so kya kar rahi ho?" He asked her lovingly.

"Kuch nahi...aap batao?" She replied to him with a hint of boredom in her tone.

"Main toh just fresh hoke aaya hoon, socha tumse baat kar loon thodi der...So rahi thi kya tum?" He asked her in an uneasy tone.

"Haan, woh kab aankh lag gayi pata hi nahi chala." Naina said in a tender voice, she was trying to answer him in an unexciting way, but his gentleness towards her was gripping her tongue tightly from hurting his heart.

"Oh...so abhi bhi neend aa rahi hai, ya hum thodi der baat kar sakte hai?" Sameer asked her in a gentle voice.

"No, it's fine...bolo?" She replied.

"Umm parsu tum humare ghar aaogi pehli baar...so gift me kya chahiye hai?" He asked her in a husky voice, and turned on the other side of the bed, while keeping his head below the palm.

"I don't want any gift." Naina said in a stern voice.

"Why? Don't you love gifts?" Sameer asked her in a low voice.