19. i'm sorry.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy still felt terrible about her parents a week later. She couldn't stay here at the Burrow any longer however. One morning, Addy decided to go speak with Mrs. Weasley.

"Hello Addy!" she said brightly when she walked in, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks Mrs. Weasley. But there was something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Sure, go ahead dear." she answered dismissively.

Addy took a deep breath, "I think I'm ready to go back to school."

Mrs. Weasley looked taken aback, "Are you sure-"

"Yes, I am." Addy interrupted, "It's no good to have me mourn all day. If I'm back at Hogwarts, I could mourn and be productive at once. Besides I want to be able to pass my sixth year. My parents would've wanted me to continue on with my studies."

Mrs. Weasley took in her words carefully, "I'm sure we can arrange a Portkey back to Hogwarts tomorrow."

Addy smiled and moved closer to give her a hug, "Thank you."

Mrs. Weasley smiled back, "Of course. You're like an eight child to me!"

Sure enough, the following evening, Addy was saying her goodbyes to everyone.

"You're always welcome back here just so you know." Mrs. Weasley pulled away from a hug.

"Thank you for all you've done, everyone." Addy smiled gratefully at the group. She touched the Portkey and her surroundings were in Professor McGonagall's office.

"Miss. Aldaine, it's nice to see you again." McGonagall nodded curtly at her. Addy nodded back and went to go up to Professor Dumbledore's office. She needed to speak with him about her vision.

"Ah, Miss. Aldaine. I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Have a lemon tart." Dumbledore motioned towards a tray full of pastries. Addy politely declined.

"Sir, I had another vision recently."

"I am not surprised. Please explain."

Addy reencountered her dream. Dumbledore nodded.

"It doesn't seem too significant. I think we can conclude that it is not something to dwell about."

Addy nodded and left his office. It was late now, so the school corridors were silent, except for the faint cackling of Peeves the Poltergeist.

Addy approached the Fat Lady portrait, remembering that she didn't have a password.

"No password, no entry." Fat Lady said firmly.

"I've been away for over a week!" Addy protested, "Can't you just let me in?"

"Addy?" a familiar voice called. She turned to see Harry Potter standing off in the distance. His eyes widened at the sight of her.

He dropped his bag to the floor with a thud. Harry sprinted towards her direction so fast that she barely comprehended it. He threw his arms around her with such great force that caused her to topple backwards, onto the floor. He came down with her, pulling her onto his lap, pulling her close.

His heavy breathing in her ear was full of emotion. She found herself hugging him back, feeling the most reassured she had felt in a while.

"I'm sorry about your parents." he whispered, his warm arms trapping her closer, "I'm sorry about everything."

"Harry-" Addy began.

"I'm sorry about hiding under the Invisibility Cloak and watching you in the library."