8. confidence

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

A spicy chapter but no smut. This used to be from my Christmas chapter in the HBP era of COD but I got rid of it because it wasn't fitting well with the previous chapter there.

 This used to be from my Christmas chapter in the HBP era of COD but I got rid of it because it wasn't fitting well with the previous chapter there

My hands are shaking from holding back from you

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

In one sudden movement, Harry leaned close to connect his lips with hers, his arms pulling her onto his lap. He kissed her passionately, the make out progressing towards heatedness.

His hands were around her waist, absently moving up to her face to caress her cheek. She felt the cold metal of the ring press against her skin, presumably leaving an imprint.

But she didn't mind; she wanted to be marked by him, to symbolize their allegiance for each other.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you looked tonight, love?" he mumbled between kisses. His voice was raspy as he spoke, barely audible with his heavy breathing.

Addy pulled her lips away completely, her face hovering near his. She rolled her eyes, "You didn't need to. Your little scheme downstairs at the dinner table was enough. And your constant stares."

"Good."

Addy then inspected his lips, noticing that they were tinted redder than before.

"I think I got my lipstick on you." she chuckled, brushing her thumb against his mouth to wipe it off.

He raised his brows questionably at her, "Well then, how do I look?"

"You're always self conceited."

He leaned closer, his eyes watching her daringly. Just as their lips were about to touch, he mumbled, "You say self conceited, I say self confidence."

He then kissed her again.

They continued this routine of mumbling words and pressing their lips to each other, finding it difficult to keep apart for more than a moment.

Without realizing it, Addy had positioned herself to be facing him, still on his lap. Her legs were wrapped around his waist, making them more vulnerable to each other.

They continued to inch closer and closer, their hands exploring their features.

Addy then pulled away from his lips and began to trail kisses down his jawline, being sure to emphasize each one.

She stopped moving just below his ear, keeping her mouth in that location. He leaned his head back to allow her to more access, sighing with relief.

"You're brilliant, you know that?" he breathed heavily. His eyes never left her figure.