16. trust.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy and Draco were in the library for another tutoring session days later.

"Wrong, again!" Addy rolled her eyes, trying to correct Draco's work. He hadn't been paying much attention to the lesson today, which was not uncommon.

"What! No, I swear this is the right answer!" Draco sneered, "Oh, wait-"

He glanced back down at his response and hastily crossed it out, replacing it with the correct one.

"Told ya." Addy smirked. He rolled his eyes.

She had to admit, though Draco Malfoy was a bully, he could actually be a little pleasant to hang out with once he shed his snarkiness. He was sarcastic, surprisingly smart, and confident. If you weren't friends with him however, then he would treat you like dirt.

Addy and Draco were somewhat friends at this point. Their lessons had gotten them closer together.

"Alright, I think we're done for today." Addy said, packing up her things.

She got up to put her books away on the shelves. Draco got up followed her.

"I still don't understand why you're with Potter." he muttered, "Anyone could do better."

Addy had a sinking feeling that this would not end well. She had placed her books on the shelf and turned around. Draco was standing way too close for Harry's liking. His grey eyes scanned her. Addy quickly took a step back, causing her back to be pressed against the bookshelf behind her.

"Anyone, like me." he whispered, bringing his face down to hers, "Why don't we give this a shot? Forget about Potter."

"Draco, no-" Addy breathed, trying to duck out of the way, but he was too quick for her. He pressed his lips onto hers.

Before she could even comprehend what was happening, she heard a voice call, "STUPEFLY!"

Draco was blasted away from Addy and fell onto the floor.

Looking around, Addy could see Harry holding up his wand, his Invisibility Cloak in his free hand. He was breathing heavily, not to mention furiously. His gaze met Addy's and he bitterly stormed out of the library.

"Harry, wait!" Addy called, grabbing her school bag and ignoring Draco, who was picking himself off the floor, grumbling. She needed to explain.

Addy caught up with Harry in a hallway. He didn't bother stopping when she kept calling him. She finally got ahold of his arm.

"Harry-"

He pulled himself out of her grasp, "How could you kiss him?" His tone was the angriest Addy had ever heard him. It would've frightened her if she wasn't enraged. How could he just jump to conclusions?

"You think I kissed him? He tried to kiss me!" she angrily cried back.

"You knew that I forbid you from kissing him, didn't you?"

"Yes, but-"

"You must really like him don't you?" jealousy laced his words.

"Of course I don't! I never had feelings for him! What makes you say that?" Addy had no idea what thoughts were coursing through his veins in this moment.

"I saw the way you were looking at Malfoy during Slughorn's first potions class!" Harry exclaimed, bitterly.

Addy remembered that she was looking at Draco, but not for the same reason Harry thought.

"You probably smelled him in your Amortentia, didn't you?" Harry continued. He could barely look her in the eye.

"No, I did not! I was looking at Malfoy because I was wondering if you could be right that he was a Death Eater, since he was acting so odd during class. I was impressed with how you put the pieces together! And for your information, I smelled you in the Amortentia, not him."

Harry opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

"Also, how long have you been in the library under your Invisibility Cloak?"

Harry was still quiet.

"How long?" Addy yelled this time.

"Ever since your first tutoring session." he answered silently. He looked down at his shoes.

"So you thought I would go against you." Addy scoffed.

"You ended up kissing him anyway-"

"HE KISSED ME! I DIDN'T KISS HIM. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!" Addy roared at the top of her lungs, "YOU WERE THE ONE THAT BASICALLY ASKED ME TO CHEAT ON YOU! I WAS ONLY TRYING TO GET CLOSE WITH MALFOY BECAUSE YOU ASKED ME TO! YOU! NOT BECAUSE I LIKED HIM,  WHICH I DON'T!"

"I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF HE WAS A DEATH EATER OR NOT! SOMEONE ELSE COULD GET INJURED JUST LIKE RON AND KATIE DID, SO I WAS JUST TRYING TO PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING!" Harry yelled back.

"YEAH? AND IN THE PROCESS, YOU JUST COULDN'T TRUST YOUR OWN GIRLFRIEND, DIDN'T YOU? YOU HAD TO GO AHEAD AND SPY ON ME! CHO CHANG KISSED YOU LAST YEAR BUT I FORGAVE YOU BECAUSE I TRUSTED YOU! I KNEW THAT YOU WOULDN'T LIE TO ME! HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL RIGHT NOW? THE PERSON THAT I LOVED, NOT ABLE TO EVEN TRUST ME!"

Addy was now breathing hard, trying to catch her breath. Tears had absently streamed down her face. She hadn't realized that she dropped her school bag on the floor. She quickly picked it up, brushing her tears away.

"Let me know when you're right in the mind, would you?" she muttered silently. She then rushed away.

Harry watched her in shock, unable to speak. His gaze lingered on her retreating figure.

As Addy returned back to the common room, her mind raced. She wasn't as furious with Harry as she was hurt. She couldn't believe he couldn't trust her. They'd known each other for over six years, and he had low expectations of her.

He didn't trust her.

He must have expected something like this to happen. He must have expected Addy and Draco to somehow end up with their lips locked.

She furiously wiped her tears away as she emerged into her dorm room. She buried herself under her sheets, where she felt safe enough to express her emotions.

Thankfully, the dorm was empty, so she could hear her thoughts. She could also hear the dorm door slowly creak open after a while. Addy felt someone sit beside her. Peeking over her blankets, Hermione gave her a weak smile.

"Harry told me what happened." she whispered quietly.

"Hermione, I didn't kiss him. Draco kissed me." Addy protested, "I wouldn't do that to him."

"I don't know what happened since I wasn't there, but I think Harry has a point-"

"So you're on his side." Addy said bitterly. She had expected Hermione to back Addy up, but she was mistaken.

"You shouldn't have led Draco on like that."

"That's exactly what Harry told me to do!" Addy shoved her blankets off angrily, tempted to throw something across the room.

"You were supposed to try to get close to him, not romantically." Hermione said, coolly. Her arms were crossed.

"You both know that Malfoy fancies me! How was I supposed to get close with him without anything like that happening?"

Hermione was silent. Addy turned away from her,, "You probably should go to the hospital wing to visit Ron or something."

"Addy-" Hermione's tone made her seem like she was sorry. Addy wanted to forgive her, but she was too hurt.

"No, I get it. You should go."

Hermione sighed, but left the dorm.

Addy climbed back under her sheets and began to think why things turned out horrible with nearly every person she cared about.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·