4. linny letters

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

These are two letters from my Linny fanfiction that was part of the COD universe. I chose to unpublish it because I don't think I'll be even writing it and I'm focused mostly on other works!

 I chose to unpublish it because I don't think I'll be even writing it and I'm focused mostly on other works!

Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Dear L,

Each time I catch a glimpse of your handwriting, I can't help but wonder who could be behind the actions of looping those g's and f's ever so intricately. It's funny how some silly letters can tell you more about a person than a conversation can.

Curious is an understatement to summarize my desire for discovering who you might be. Sometimes remaining anonymous can be the best thing.

I can sense the emotion through the writing, feeling your fingertips against the parchment as you wrote. Every tear that was shed, every smile that was conjured, I can perceive it. There is a connection that binds me to message you gift me with, and it wouldn't dare to break.

I don't even know who the fuck you are, but you're different. You listen to all of my thoughts that flow from my lips like a stream, inhaling the problems and exhaling the solutions. Advice is something you must have experience with.

There is a face that swims through my mind whenever I think of you. It isn't specific; there is comfort with the tender look I imagine. The conscious that I own automatically fills in the missing gaps, but will it be enough?

Yours Truly,

G

***

Dear W,

I laugh, opening your letters each week, you know? I look forward to them every moment of the day.

My hands always find their way to the holy messages you send, needing to ensure they are still there. It's the one thing in my life that can stay consistent. There are changes around me; I'm not sure I even recognize the world I live in today.

When I roam the halls of the place I call home, my things would be stolen. Snatched from my hands or bag, the victimizer dashing away, too far to catch. Sometimes they steal my heart as well.

You're one of the very few people I allowed myself to be close with. Many of those that assume to know me well all believe I'm kind, sweet, and nurturing. They don't know I'm frankly the opposite.

You see the real me. You see what I want others to see me as. I can be comfortable and safe with your presence, even just through this mere piece of parchment. We may not know our identities, but we know our characters.

As for your last sentence, no. It will never be enough. Our souls have the deepest ambition that will never be reached. Sometimes close, but always unattainable. That is a myth of the earth we live on today and people need to come to terms with that.

Yours Truly,

L

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Hope you liked it!

(in case you didn't guess, "L" is Luna and "G" is Ginny lol)

I might come back to working on this Linny fanfic, but we'll see.