Special Chapter (Eli & Nik)

A/N; I decided to write a special chapter for Elijah and Nikolai, I hope you guys like it.

*********

The vast land of the Midnight pack was full of secrets and was painted with blood. The howling sound that echoed every night, the growling voices that sent a warning to every intruder.

Scouts and Sentinels are on guard, alerting every post of every border if they smell danger. The safety of their pack and family is the topmost priority. The war of the past is a great lesson, the blood of those who died in the battle serves as a strong foundation of the Midnight Pack.

Nikolai slowly adjusts to the presence of his omega wolf. Marquise is quiet at first, his human didn't talk to him that much. His mate- Blade, is the one who always cheering him up.

Type and Tharn notice the drastic change in Nikolai's behavior, the omega became silent at all times and will only talk when he is asked by his mate or Type.

*********

The night is comforting with stars glistening above the sky, the blowing of the wind that brings chill on Nikolai's skin. The dark forest is in front of him, it tempts him.

His eyes fixated on the darkness, he didn't notice that his feet are taking steps towards it.

The wind blows again, Nikolai's silhouette faded into the shadow of the vast forest.

******

Elijah watches him as he keeps on walking towards the uncertain destination, he let his mate do what he needs to do for Marquise told Blade that it will help Nikolai to accept the whole thing.

As much as he wants to pull his mate in his arms he decided to follow him, Elijah's heart keeps on pounding crazily.

Nikolai stopped at the front of a waterfall, he watches the waters flow down on the stream. The thundering sound of every fall covers the whole area.

This is the place where he first saw Elijah, that blue orbs that looked at him in awe and happiness, the place where he found his mate.

Nikolai sits down on a large plain rock and hugs his knees, he buried his face on his thigh and muffled the sound of his cry.

Elijah watches as Nikolai's shoulder started to shake, it tore his heart to pieces. His mate is crying his heart out.

***********

"Are you not tired of me? " Nikolai asked his omega wolf while sobbing hard.

The whimper inside his head is all a response from the sad creature inside him.

"I'm sorry if I still miss him, I'm sorry that we didn't have a proper talk even though I knew you were there. I'm sorry. " Nikolai said as he hugged his knees tightly.

His omega wolf staring at him with glistening eyes, like a morning dew that clinging on every leaf.

"I waited for you for a long time before, I will do that again if that's what you want. I know that I can't go back to the past to make memories with you just like what you and Shadow did but I also want to make memories with you- with our mate, if you just give me a chance. " Marquise said as he sniff Nikolai's head and face.

"Shadow? " Nikolai asked in confusion.

"Yes, Marquise is Shadow. He intentionally used my name so that I can still bond with you but he didn't expect that he will fall for you. The intention of choosing you as his human is just to help Luna Type in the last battle. I am Marquise, your omega wolf. Your mate's omega. " Marquise said and lower his head.