Ch. 20-his ability

A/N; mention of blood and killing, readers discretion is advised.

//////////

The stares meet the emotionless eyes, the black optic globe is full of darkness that no one can fathom. Dylan looking at him without a blink, a lack of warmth and only empty feelings.

The way he holds the arrows, aiming at his only target, heartbeat steady. The lips that smiling at him before now press closely as if it was lost of words or maybe it didn't know a word anymore.

The body that they burn as a sign of the last journey of his beloved comrade is now standing in front of him. Although he knows that this man is not Dylan, Type's heartbeat is still the same as before.

"Elijah take Nikolai inside! " Type said without looking away from Dylan.

"What are you planning Luna? " Elijah asks looking at Tharn then to Type.

"I'll face him! " Type answered calmly walking in front of them all but Nikolai hold his arm.

"That's suicide! " Nikolai utters in a whisper, Type looks at him wide-eyed as the man emits an aura like Dylan. "Darkness surrounds him as you can see it, just like me! You are the chosen that holds the power of four elements but you didn't know how to play in the deepest part of the dark abyss. " Nikolai explained and move again to protect the Luna as another arrow was released and aim at Type.

"Are you looking down to our Luna? " One of the warriors yelled growling at him.

"Wind is afraid of him, the earth is paving his way, water can't drown him and fire can't engulf him. Darkness is his master and ability so darkness is the only way to defeat him. " Nikolai looks at Type, his eyes are in a shade of green but the center iris is black.

The wind blows harshly, as the lights and fire torch move both sides, their shadows dances as if it wanted to escape.

Nikolai spread his black smoke to cover them all, as he stand outside the circle facing Dylan with the same intensity and goal. "TO KILL"

"He is not Nikolai! " Tharn said as he hug Type and Elijah closer to him. He look at the window and saw Thanya staring at them with wide eyes, he motioned his only daughter to just stay inside.

"It's his wolf Marquise! " Elijah replied, staring at the black smoke that protecting them, he can't see his mate from their position.

"Darling? " Elijah called his mate on their mind link.

"I will protect him, mate! " the growl was heard then the link was closed.

The black smoke that covers them slowly fading but Nikolai disappeared.

******

Nikolai watches the man as he steps back to where the darkness is but he can see the movement on that gloaming forest. He take the black smoke that became the barrier for the midnight pack as Dylan stretch his bow to release another arrow, Nikolai run fast in front of him.

The arrows travel like the winds of a hurricane, cutting every leaf that blocking its way. The tip of the arrow glint under the moonlight.

Nikolai dodges it as he reaches the shaft of one of the arrows and swings it back to Dylan. Along with the black smoke that covers it, Dylan dodges it but the black smoke burns the side of his face.

Nikolai didn't hear a whimper of pain from his opponent, Dylan don't even flinch as if he was trained to suppress those feelings, or he just really don't have those kinds of emotions in him.