Ch. 9- Danger

A/N: heart-melting...

///////////

They walk out from the office hand in hand, with their heart beating fast. Nikolai who can't look at his mate with a straight face tried to avoid the gaze of Elijah that has been throwing sweet glances at him. Down to the carpark, Elijah guided him and even opened the door of the car for him to get in.

He kept his silence, but his face felt like burning. And he knows that Elijah heard his pounding heart on his chest, his mate never worn out his smile since they gut out from the office.

As the car takes its route away from the carpark, Nikolai notices the black figure hiding in the dark corner. The yellow orbs that glaring at them made Nikolai heightened his senses for the possible danger. He can't let anyone hurt his mate.

Elijah felt his sudden seriousness while looking out the window, Nikolai's is eyes watching around while his hand is gripping his seatbelt. Elijah slowly pull down the car window and told his wolf to prepare. As the wind gently blows on his face he smells a rotten scent following them.

"Darling, is it okay if we change the route to my parent's house? I think someone is following us. " Elijah said that made Nikolai agree without hesitation.

Elijah grips the steering wheel and increases his speed. Nikolai knew that his mate sense danger also. They were at a crossroad when a black Ferrari cut them off that made Elijah stepped on the brake quickly.

"You okay Nik? " Elijah called his name with concern.

"Yes, I'm good. Let's go! " Nikolai said while reaching his mate's hand.

Elijah looked at the front of the car, he saw the black Ferrari parked in a distance. But nobody's come out. He starts the car again to hit the road and mind link his parents.

"Dad! I'm with Nikolai down to our house but someone is following us and cut us on the road at the intersection. I smell danger with a rotten smell. " Elijah said on their mind link.

Tharn immediately told Type about what Elijah said, and ordered the warriors to meet him at the entrance of their property.

"I'll go with them, Areyah and Pharm stay with papa and dad.! " Thanya said as she connect her mind link to her brother and parents. Thanya is a warrior itself.

"We are tracking your car, warriors are waiting for your arrival. Your papa is doing his ability with the elements to keep you safe, Thanya is waiting with the warriors so focus on driving and get here quickly! " Tharn answered his son.

Nikolai glancing at the mirror on his side, Elijah is still on full alert.

They reach the huge gate, Elijah took a deep breath when he saw some warriors waiting for them, he glances at Nikolai who is still quite beside him. The car still moving when Nikolai got startled when he saw the brown wolf with a mix of white lines of fur on the legs and running along with the car.

"She's Athena, my sister's wolf. " Elijah said, reaching Nikolai's hand to calm him down.

They reach the open space of the mansion, Tharn and Type is waiting for them already with Areyah and Pharm. Elijah got out first and move towards Nikolai's side and open the door for him to get out.

Nikolai saw Athena walking towards them and growled softly at Elijah, his mate smiled the moment he saw the she-wolf.

"Thank you, sis! Go and change now, I want you to meet someone. " Elijah said and look at him. The wolf glances at him and strides away.

"She's not angry right? " Nikolai asked as he watch the she-wolf disappear.

"She's not! it's natural for wolves to not trust easily. She's a fighter darling and she's my sister. " Elijah explained as they walked towards their parents.