Ch.14- Max

A/N; We will have a major flashback on the next two chapters! Thank you everyone for the reads.

////////

Nikolai was taken back inside the hospital after his little encounter on a shadow that attacked him at the parking area.

He go out to look for his mate but he saw the black hooded person staring at him with his glowing yellow eyes. The same person who watching at them at the parking lot of the company a few months back.

The person motioned him to follow and found himself alone at the quite parking lot. He felt that something will happen so he heightened his senses the moment he saw the man. As he walk deeper inside the parking lot, his eyes went wide when the man stop at Elijah's car. He walk faster to catch him but he lost it, he thought but the shadow attacked him from behind scratching his shoulder that caused it to bleed.

He saw how the shadow retreat after that.

"It has no intention to kill you, he just wanted to hurt you. I think it's a warning, I have this feeling that he is after you Nik. That man knows who you are, he has the same ability like us. " Marquise said growling inside him.

He is about to answered when he heard his mate's voice calling his name. His eyes went wide when he realize that the voice is inside their mind link.

"I answered him already, let's go back to inside he is worried. " Marquise answered as he whimper by a sudden jolt of pain from his shoulder.

"How does it happen? We can able connect to his mind link even we don't have a mark? " Nikolai asked his wolf.

Marquise keep his silent, there is some feelings and connection that he felt from people around them, but he can't find the right timing to talk it out on Nikolai.

Elijah is holding Nikolai's hand, while Max is putting a bandaged on the wounds on his brother's shoulder. He's been heaving a deep breath for many times and wanted to ask his brother about what happen, but the aura from his brother's boyfriend gives him chills. It felt like Elijah will kill anyone right now if he feels that it a threat for Nikolai.

Nikolai feels the tension growing, the squeezing of Elijah's hand on him, the glances of Max to him and Elijah. Nikolai took a deep breath and withdraw his hand on his mate.

"I'm fine Eli, it's just a scratch. Don't worry too much! " Nikolai said as he hold his mate's cheek that made Elijah's wolf whimper cutely.

"You called it a scratch? Gavin Nikolai Reed, it's a deep wound, if you are not stubborn now, I - " Max didn't finished his words when he saw his brother's eyes change colors while talking to his boyfriend.

He look away quickly before the two can notice that he is staring at them. His heart pounding like crazy, his eyes didn't stop blinking because of mix emotions he felt right now.

"Max! You're okay? " Nikolai asked his brother when he saw him agitated and nervous.

"Huh? Ah, yeah! Excuse me! " Max left them without sparing a glance. Nikolai who saw his brother's action wanted to follow him but Elijah hold his arm to stop him.

"Darling... I... " Elijah is hesitant to ask his mate about their connection on their mind link.

"I think we need to tell my brother about me, being a werewolf. I can feel his confusion and nervousness. " Nikolai said staring at the door where Max gone out.

Elijah kept his silent with what his mate said and set aside the personal matter for now.

"Are you sure about it? I will be with you if you want too! " Elijah said while planting a kiss on his forehead.