Ch.39 Preparation

; enjoy reading

*********

"My name is Marquise" a pure black wolf appeared in front of him. His doe brown eyes stare at the wolf with awe, mouth hanging.

"A huge dog can speak? " he asked as reached his small hand to touch the wolf.

"I am not a dog," Marquise answered growling softly.

"Wow, " his lips formed a smile as he snuggle on the soft fur and warm body of the creature he called a dog. A huge dog.

"I am your wolf, Nikolai. I choose you to be my human. " Marquise said as he let Nikolai's hand caress his body.

The boy giggled cutely and hummed.

As silence followed and time pass by. Nikolai opened his eyes in dark surroundings with a weird sound.

Wolves are covered in blood, some are panting heavily almost breathless, some are lying on the ground lifeless. Some are in human form but struggling and wounded.

A black smoke whirling with a man inside of it, crying in pain and cursing everyone around him. A huge black wolf standing in front of him emits a dark aura that can cause fear.

The wolf turns around to face everyone but his eyes fall to Nikolai and his lips form a smile.

"I choose you as my human, and your soul chooses me as your wolf. From darkness, I was mold, to the darkness I will succumb. Until then, Nikolai. " the pure black wolf said.

Nikolai's eyes went wide, as tears roll down his cheek.

"MARQUISE!!"

Nikolai opened his eyes as his body flinch from the dream, the surroundings is still dark with Elijah beside him sleeping soundly, embracing him.

The soft breathing of his mate made him calm but the remnant of the dream felt like a nightmare. Staring at Elijah he felt the pang of guilt.

He is an omega with a possibility of giving his mate an offspring but his selfishness kicked in every time he thinks of losing Marquise. To obtain and claim his omega wolf means to let go of Marquise.

That dream is a warning, he knew it but the feeling inside him shredded his heart. He never meets his omega wolf his whole life, he is dependent on Marquise since the beginning. He is weak without his alpha wolf inside him.

The sleepiness went away as his thoughts wander. He can feel the breathing of his mate, fanning his ear.

"Maybe a short run can help," he thought.

He decided to get off the bed and freshen up, going out of the room and leaving his mate that still sleeping. That's what he thought.

The moment Nikolai step out of the room, Elijah open his eyes and stared blankly at the swaying curtain. He felt his mate's sadness and heavy emotions but he don't know how to comfort him, for he also needs it.

He gets off the bed and walks towards the window, watching the retreating shadow of his mate.

He looks up, the sky is in the shade of blue and violet light from all directions as a sign of dawn. His mate is nowhere in sight but he keeps on staring into the dark forest where his mate went.

Taking a cold shower to refresh his mind, he needs to focus on the task that was given to him today by his parent.

The night before...

Tharn and Type asked Elijah and Thanya to spare sometimes for them. Based on the facial expression of their parents it's an important topic that needs to be discussed as a head family of Midnight Pack.