Ch.44 (special chapter)

A/N; this is the end part, thank you guys so much. These past few months is so hard for me. I even think of quitting and deleting all my ongoing story but every time I read comments in all my stories, I smiled and tap the keyboard again to write. Thank you, everyone, for all the support always.

**************

The sunrise shines again, across the valleys and fields. Its rays radiate in every tree and river, its warmth sent comfort to every chilling skin. The bruises and cuts that still bleeding became the award of their success, dead bodies of their comrade and pack members made them gloom and disappointed.

With the silent cry of Areyah holding her mate's body and the kneeling guardians in front of them, they lost a leader.

"I will see you again, my love. " Areyah said while caressing Lucas who is smiling at him.

"Yes, I love you. " Lucas replied and reach for Areyah's lips for the last time.

Small yellow butterflies flew as Lucas's body slowly drifted to the wind, Areyah can only cry and bite her lips.

The dark spell and the blood of the ultima are mixed in the dagger that pierces Lucas. It travels quickly on his system that even Type failed to take out for he already sacrifice his power as a chosen.

Type who lost his consciousness after making sure that everyone is safe was carried by his husband to their room.

Nikolai keeps chanting Marquise's name even in his sleep, never opening his eyes to see the light of the day that made Elijah worried.

Thanya and Elijah and his uncles look around, ashes and blood are everywhere, but unlike the night before, it was peaceful and comforting.

Kao and the silver lining warriors who became a lookout to prevent any outsider to get inside the pack came back and was stunned on the scene that folded in front of them.

"Is this the end? Losing some of our family and friends, is this all worth it? " Kao utter silently while staring at his surroundings.

****
Day passed...

Type woke up in the ray of sun shining on his face, he was alone in bed with the sound of a shower inside the bathroom. The parted curtain swinging in every blow of cool wind, letting the sunshine in.

His mind drifted on the day of the war and how he sacrificed his power, his eyes went wide, and immediately get off his bed and run towards the door when Nikolai's agony of losing his wolf flashed inside his brain.

"Sweetheart, where are you going?" Tharn's voice echoed inside the house as he called for his husband who forgets to check himself before going out.

A naked body with just a piece of boxer on and disheveled hair that made him look like an innocent grown man.

The people in the living room paused on what they're doing. Sarawat and Tine chuckled, Lhong do the sexy whistle while Kao look at Type with a parted mouth.

A growl was heard that made Type's brother laugh more but it made Kao lower his head.

"Dammit! Call Nikolai for me! " Type said and was about to go back to their room but he paused on his track when he saw his husband with just a white towel on his waist and droplets of water gliding on his chest.

"Like what you see? " Tharn asked with a teasing smile on his face.

Type took a deep breath and pull him back inside their room.

His legs wobble the moment they step in, Tharn who catch him quickly carried him on the bed and mind linked his daughter to bring some food to them.