Ch.13-Puzzle

A/N; I want to say sorry for the very slow updates guys, hope you are still there every time I posted another chapter. Thank you always for the support and encouraging words. Stay safe everyone.❤️❤️

/////////////

Car speeding on the highway, Nikolai is calm and quiet but Elijah knew that he is worried about death. His mate ask him to stay for he can go to the hospital alone but Elijah insisted that he will accompany him. The argument is valid and became understandable when Nikolai said that he don't know how to tell his brother Max about Elijah.

They left in total silence with Elijah cooing him that he will just be there for another reason but Nikolai didn't buy it.

Elijah glance at his mate with worries, he reach out to Nikolai's hand and was surprised when it felt so cold.

"Darling? " Elijah called his mate but Nikolai only took a glance at him than stare at the road again.

"We just started to build up our relationship but all these things happen, I can't even introduce you properly to my family. I felt like crap. " Nikolai blurted out that made Elijah step on the brake to stop. Elijah looks at him uneasily and drives the car to the side of the road to comfort his mate.

"Nik Listen! There will be more chances to do that, so don't lose yourself with this incident. I can still meet them properly for we will be together for a long time. I promise I will get we will get through this. " Elijah pull him into a hug, but it confused him why Nikolai didn't shed tears like he usually does.

His mate is calm like a wind, but the serious face is evident that he is in a hard situation right now. As Elijah step on the accelerator to drive on, he put a kiss on Nikolai's forehead.

********

They arrived at the hospital, Max is waiting already. He pulls Nikolai's arm and drags him to the emergency room ignoring the presence of Elijah who is glaring at him.

"What happened? " Nikolai asked as he let Max drag him to the emergency room.

"O don't know either, but based on the CCTV footage, it's a red light so the car has to stop when a sudden black car approached them at a fast speed and deliberately hit them!. " Max explained while running his hand to his hair.

"A black car? " Elijah chirp in that made Max look at him in confusion.

Nikolai stiffens and grasps a few words to say but Elijah speaks again.

"I am Elijah Gabriel Kirigun, I am... I am Nikolai's boss! " Elijah introduce himself without blinking. He glances at Nikolai who is looking at him worriedly.

"Of course I know you! Your family owns this hospital, " Max said while glancing at his brother. " I am Max Reed, I'm a family physician and I work here. " Max reach out his hand to Elijah.

"Go back to what you said! A black car. Can you explain further? " Elijah asked and motioned Nikolai to sit beside him but stiffened by his action.

Max looks at his brother with a squinted eyes but shrugs the confused mind for his brother looks so worried for their parent.

"Ah yeah, the weird thing is they found the driver at the trunk of the car, tied up and dead. And the driver's seat is empty. " Max explained more heaving a derp breath for his frustrations.

"Have you seen the footage? I mean does the police have been here already? " Elijah asked confusingly,

"It only hours that passed how come the police can retrieve it quickly? And to think that they arrived at the hospital and showed it to him that quick? it doesn't make sense. " Elijah is debating to himself.