Ch.23- Thanya's Anger

A/N; mention of blood.

//////////

Clacking sounds of weapons and heavy breath, the whoosh of the wind, and swift moves of the warriors on the training grounds are evident.

The clear blue sky above them, sweat dripping from their bare skin.

Nikolai standing in front of them, with his alpha ready to introduce him. Zeta glances in their way, signal everyone to stop; and give their courtesy.

"Greetings Alpha! " Zeta said as he bows to his leader.

Everyone followed his action, admiring the omega in front of them.

"He looks like our luna!" One of the warriors said as they took glances at Nikolai.

Elijah's growl escaped from his mouth, made everyone step back and lower their heads.

"My mate is here to train with you, General, I trust that you will teach my mate the basic hand-on-hand combat, my uncles will be the ones to teach him about weapons. " Elijah's voice sounds primal.

"Yes alpha! " Zeta answered while bowing his head again.

Elijah looked at his mate, making sure that he is ready to train. Nikolai nod at him, signaling that he is fine.

Warriors prepared everything for Nikolai's training. His body is weak as they expect it but they never thought that he has any knowledge about one-on-one combat.

"We heard that he is the one who killed the intruder last time, how did he defeat the enemy when his fighting skill is so poor?" Zeta told Elijah.

"There is something about him that it's hard to explain, you should ask dad about it or wait for the right that your own eyes will witness his unique abilities. " Elijah simply answered.

Zeta took a deep breath and focus his eyes on Nikolai who is struggling to defend himself from the attack that was thrown at him. Wolves have a special ordeal about their training, unlike humans, they don't need stretching and a special introduction inside the training ground.

Elijah watch his mate panting for breath, sweats soaked on his shirt. Eyes are out of focus.

"He will not last long! " Zeta blurt out.

Elijah lifts his hand to stop the training, Nikolai looks at him while panting.

"That's enough for now, this is your first day of training so consider it as a warm-up. " Elijah gently said as reach out his hand towards his mate.

"No! I can do this! " Nikolai answered that made Elijah look at him in wide eyes.

Signaling him to step back, Nikolai positioned himself to start again.

"Darling don't overdo it! You can't leave your bed tomorrow if you exert your remaining energy. " Elijah warns but Nikolai didn't listen to him.

He strides towards his opponent and does the attack first. Elijah keeps silent but standstill near Nikolai.

"He's training so hard on his first day! " Thanya said softly, smiling at his twin brother who is seriously watching his mate. "I'm going back to the city bro! I have some patients to attend to and some problems occur while I'm not there so I need to go back! " Thanya look at Nikolai with gentle eyes.

Elijah took a deep breath and hold his sister's hand, it made Thanya look at him with a confused face.

"I'm sorry! " Elijah said while squeezing his sister's hand. "I'm sorry that I became an asshole sometimes, I just want to protect him. " Elijah smile sadly at his sister.