5 : A Little Jealous

Start from the beginning

"Yeji, I didn't know you were smart."

"You thought I was as stupid as you?"

"Yes."

"Fuck you." she laughed. Remember? Nice on the outside. Just outside.

"Okay, then when are we gonna start?"

"Bring me to your home after this."

-

"She'll be here in just a few minutes." I told Yeji.

"Okay, we gotta look like we are very intimate. You need to sit, facing me."

I did as Yeji told me. We were facing each other and were so close. Yeji held my hands in hers. A moment later, we heard the door open.

We stayed for a while in that position as planned so Rosé could see it. And she did see it. Yeji stood up from the couch and walked to Rosé.

"Oh my, Rosé. It's great to see you here." Yeji hugged Rosé despite they were not really close. It was just how idols would interact with each other.

Rosé hugged her back and looked at me with such a confused face.

"Yeah, Yeji. Good to see you too. Have you eaten? I brought some food."

"Aw, thanks but, I already did with Sunyoung just now." Yeji walked to me again.

"I see, then I'll just leave it here on the countertop. Please excuse me, I want to change my clothes." Rosé excused herself.

"Oh, Rosé? You live with Sunyoung? I didn't know." Yeji asked as if she didn't know.

Rosé blushed a bit and quickly clarified, "No, I don't. But I come here often, so I have my clothes here. Moreover, the company is very nearby. Excuse me again."

Yeji smirked at me when Rosé left. "You might have a chance, my friend."

"Thanks. Next, what?"

"As I told you in the car."

-

The three of us gathered in the living room. Just having a normal chitchat.

"Will ITZY have a comeback soon?" Rosé asked.

"Yup, in a few months. We are still working on some songs. How's BLACKPINK?"

"Things are great. But we are quite busy individually for some brands."

I sat there quietly. I noticed how Rosé's eyes kept glancing at Yeji's hand on my thigh.

"How about Time's Up, Sunyoung?"

"We are going to have a collaboration with EXO but I'm not certain when. But not all of them, only Kai. By the way, Rosé, we met Kai just now. He told us to say hi to you."

Rosé nodded. She was still looking at Yeji's hand on my lap.

"And Rosé, Kai told us to tell you that he likes you in a serious way. He wanted to hangout with you sometimes."

Rosé massaged her temple, showing that she was feeling annoyed.

"I'm not interested. Yeji, when are you going home? It's almost midnight." Rosé showed a fake smile.

"Oh my god, I just realized that. Sunyoung, can you drive me home? I don't think any cab is available at this hour." Yeji kept doing unnecessary motions on my thigh. Knowing Yeji's intention, I almost bursted into laughter.

"I can drive you." Rosé offered herself.

"That's so sweet, Rosé. But, I usually fall asleep on my way home. I'm afraid you might get lost as I can't tell you the direction. It's better for Sunyoung to drive me, right Sunyoung?"

I nodded and kept a cool face.

"Let's go."

-

"I'm not sure what is gonna happen tonight but good luck. If things don't go well, just contact me, I will treat you at the meatball restaurant." Yeji blew me a flying kiss from her door.

"Damn. I am a bit scared but thanks for your help. I owe you a lot. We'll see if things will work out."

-

It was 12AM. I unlocked the door to see Rosé was napping on the couch. Was she waiting for me?
I kneeled to see her face. She looked tired. She had been very busy lately but I think it was for good. We didn't have to face each other awkwardly.

I tucked her hair behind her ears. Her skin was so smooth. And my favorite part, her lips. Red and soft. I shrugged my thought and kissed her on the cheek as that would be considered as just being friendly.

"Hey." Rosé said but her eyes were closed.

Was she dreaming? Or she felt the kiss?

"I'm talking to you." she still had her eyes closed.

"But your eyes are closed."

"Because I don't want to see you."

"Why?"

"I'm mad at you."

"Why?"

"Too many questions, Sunyoung."

I stopped responding with questions. I admired her face while waiting for her to say anything.

"If I open my eyes, I might kiss you. And I can't." Rosé sighed again.

It was weird for her to say something like that. "Why can't you?"

"You only see me as a friend after all this time. And I don't want you to think that I treat you as a place for my lust to be expressed. I did that because I truly want you. But, it seems like you're doing it to not hurt me. I think I used you. Sorry. But I genuinely like you."

I slightly blushed. Was that a confession?

"Rosé, I don't wanna be confused anymore. I rarely read romance novels and dramas like others do. So, please tell me. Did you mean like, like love? More than friends?"

"Yes. I love you. Every time we argue about that, I was too frustrated and disappointed that you were highlighting me as a friend only. Do you really think I would do all that to anyone? I thought you felt the same. Turns out, you were doing it because you thought I was playing around."

"Rosé.."

"And I think it's alright. Please don't feel awkward around me. Now you know that I actually like girls. No. A girl. I love you. But I won't cause any harm. I'd love to stay friends with you if it's alright. But if it's not, I--"

Our lips met.