01 | 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔

Start from the beginning

Carson took a shot from the tray and threw it back before patting the waiter on the shoulder to let him know that he could leave.

"Cheers." Carson told the waiter, trying not to get annoyed or distracted by the sight ahead of him.

He turned his attention back to his girlfriend, his head tilting to the side in confusion as he noticed the change in her body language. She was no longer smiling and happily talking to the blonde haired man. He could practically feel the tenseness radiating from her.

She was sat up straighter, her chair now having moved further away and it being against the wall. Almost as if she was trying to get away—

"Motherfucker." Carson mumbled under his breath as he looked down, noticing the man's hand now being placed on Wanda's leg.

"Are you here with someone?" Carson allowed his hearing to tune into their conversation.

"Actually I am." Wanda responded. "I'm here with my boyfriend, he's just—"

"I don't see anyone here. You're not lying to me to get me away are you?"

"If you would've let me finish, then I was about to say that he's in the bathroom. He'll be back soon."

"So I can just sit here with you until he gets back, no?"

Wanda huffed. "Look, I've been trying to be polite. I've laughed at your jokes, I've entertained the conversation, I've been friendly. But it's nothing more than that and never will be. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, but I think it's time for you to leave, before he gets back, no?" She mimicked the man's tone from earlier making Carson smirk. Atta girl.

"Oh come onnnn." The man scooted closer.

"No." Wanda tried to move backwards but her chair was stopped by the wall. She looked back towards the man and shook her head. "I said no."

His jaw clenched at the sight of Wanda removing the man's hand, only for him to place it back on her thigh. He moved his way through the crowd and headed straight towards the bar, not caring who he bumped into.

It's a good thing they were on run and had to conceal their powers because he would've had that man flung out the window by now.

He approached the pair and cleared his throat, making the man turn around. Wanda instantly let out a breath once Carson arrived and looked up at him, watching his every move so she could get ready to step in if she needed to.

"Can I help you?" The man asked.

Carson hummed and glanced down at the man's hand as Wanda shoved it off once more, now glaring at the blonde man herself.

Forget about Carson launching him out the window, Wanda looked like she was about to do it too.

"You're in my seat." Carson told the man. "Move."

The man scoffed. "I didn't realise that this place had assigned seats."

Carson gave him a wry smile. "I'm not going to ask twice."

"Jesus, alright, fine." The man raised his hands in surrender and stood up.

Just as the man walked past him, Carson harshly grabbed his arm and pulled him back, making the man wince from the force that was used.