Chapter 37

We were met by blaring music as we approached the room where the party was being held.

"Holy shit!" Peter and Harley exclaimed in unison as they pushed past Loki and I and ran down the steps.

I scanned the room for the rest of the team as we followed after Peter and Harley.

Nat was serving drinks from behind the bar, Bruce and Tony were sitting at the bar and talking to Steve, and Thor and Clint were playing pool.

Loki and I walked through the various groups of people before moving over to where Thor and Clint were. Peter and Harley joined us after a few minutes.

We talked with them for a while before I looked over to the bar to see Nat smirking at me. I laughed before tapping Loki on the shoulder and telling him I was going to go get us some drinks, giving him a quick peck on the lips as I walked away.

"Damn girl, you look hot!" Nat winked as I approached the bar.

I smiled as she slid my drink across the counter.

"How are things with Loki?" She inquired.

"Great." I smiled widely and looked over to Loki who was laughing at something with Peter. My smile faltered as I watched them, recalling mine and Loki's conversation earlier.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"It's nothing."

Nat directed her gaze over to where I was looking.

"Oh my God! Are you pregnant?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"No, that is not something that can happen." I gave her an fake smile.

She gave me a questioning look.

"I...uhh...I can't have kids."

I looked down and swirled my drink around in my glass as tears filled my eyes.

"Don't worry, neither can I. But there's other options." She reassured.

I nodded and wiped my eyes quickly before perking myself up and changing the conversation.

We talked for a while before I looked back over to Loki.

A woman, probably in her early 20s, was now talking to him. She had curly blonde hair and had on heavily applied makeup, and a skimpy black dress that hugged her body tightly and showed off her ass and boobs. She was batting her eyelashes and pretending that anything and everything was funny, even if Loki hadn't done or said anything.

I grabbed mine and Loki's drinks off the counter before walking over to them.

As I approached, the woman grabbed Loki's arm and flirted with him.

"What do you say we get out of here, hmm baby?" The woman spoke.

Loki's face seemed unamused until I came up and linked my arm in his and smirked.

"Hey Lokes." I greeted, handing him his drink.

"Who the hell are you?" The woman scoffed.

"Someone you don't wanna mess with." I retorted.

"Or what? I'm not scared of you."

"There's a term I like to use, it's called defenestration. Ever heard of it? Yeah, I didn't think so. It's where I throw you out a window and you fall 63 stories to your sudden death."

I smiled devilishly before grabbing Loki by his tie and pulling him down until his lips crashed into mine.

One kiss turned into a make out session in front of the woman. She scoffed and rolled her eyes as she walked off.

I broke the kisses and pulled away from Loki as the team clapped and whistled.

I winked at Loki and grabbed his hand before pulling him out of the crowd and over to the bar. I sat down on one of the stools as did Loki.

Nat handed Loki and I another drink with a smirk.

"That was very entertaining, Y/n." She laughed.

I covered my reddened face with my drink, downing it, and placing the empty glass back down on the counter.

"Were you jealous?" Loki questioned with a grin.

"Nope. Not at all. I have no idea what you are talking about." I stated.

Loki gave me another inquiring look.

"Fine. Yes. But she was all like "Hey baby wanna have sex with me? Oh look at that I dropped my phone, let me just bend down and grind on you when I come back up. Oops I accidentally spilled my drink on your lap. Maybe you should just take those pants off." I mimicked in a high pitched voice. "She looked like fucking Malibu Barbie who lost her job so she became a hooker."

Loki laughed and stood up beside me before placing a kiss on my lips. "I can assure you, the only woman allowed to see me without pants, is you."

I laughed. A slow song started playing and Loki held out his hand.

"Shall we?" He asked softly.

I smiled and took his hand as he led me over to the dance floor. I placed my hands on the back of his neck and he put his on my waist.

We swayed and danced for the rest of the night until Tony kicked every non-Avenger out of the tower for getting on his nerves.

Loki and I decided to head back upstairs to my room instead of attending the after party.

I opened my door and walked in my room with Loki following closely behind.

"I'm gonna take a shower." I informed.

Loki nodded and sat down on my bed as I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

After a few minutes, I started to hum to myself and couldn't hear the bathroom door creek open.

The shower door opened and I opened my eyes, finding Loki standing in front of me with a mischievous glint in his eyes, wearing nothing at all.

"Since you seem to not believe that you are the only woman for me, why don't I prove it to you." He spoke with a smirk.

I smiled and moved towards him, resting my hands on the back of his neck as I pulled his head down to meet mine. His lips crashed into mine. I slipped my tongue into his mouth as he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his body, tangling my fingers into his damp hair.

Let's just say we had a lot of fun for the rest of the night.