Chapter 12

An alarm sounded through Jarvis' speakers. I jolted awake and fell off my bed.

"Ow." I groaned and got up.

"Attention all Avengers...Attention all Avengers...I have accidentally blown up my lab...no worries, I'm okay." Tony's voice said over the intercom.

I could hear the groaning coming from the other Avengers.

"Fuck you, Stark!" Nat yelled.

"Language!" Steve yelled.

After half an hour of tossing and turning, I snuck out of my room and into Loki's.

I knocked. "Come in, Y/n." Loki responded. His voice was muffled and tired.

I opened the door and walked in. Loki was laying with his face smushed in his pillows, his hair going in various different directions. I let out a quick laugh.

"Quit laughing at me." Loki whined.

"Sorry." I snickered.

"What did you need?" He asked, lifting his head up to look at me.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Come here." He moved over and sat up, patting the spot next to him.

I sat down next to him as he turned on the TV. He scrolled through the list of movies until he landed on one titled Frozen and clicked on it.

...

About an hour into the movie, Loki's head fell into my lap.

I jumped a little but soon realized he was asleep. I brushed the hair from his face and rested my hand on his shoulder as I finished the movie.

...

The sun beamed through Loki's curtains and landed on the wall next to me. I had stayed up the rest of the night watching Frozen and Frozen 2. Loki stayed asleep on my lap for the duration of the two movies.

He slowly stirred awake and groaned as the sun moved to shine on his face. He turned his head and looked up to me but quickly realized where he was laying and shot up, his face growing flustered.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"It's okay." I smiled.

"What time is it?"

"A little past 7:00."

He nodded and got up, going into his bathroom and shutting the door.

He came out a few minutes later wearing a black button up dress shirt and black dress pants.

"You know you don't have to dress fancy everyday right?" I assured.

"I know. However, dressing like this makes me feel like I'm someone important." Loki responded.

"You are important, Lo."

"Then why does the team act like I'm not. The only people on this team who actually care about me are you and Thor. And sometimes I feel as though even Thor doesn't care." He looked down.

"That's not true and you know it." I argued.

Loki lifted his head, tears filled his eyes on the brink of falling. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. His body tensed but soon melted in my embrace as he wrapped his arms around my waist, putting his face in the crook of my neck.

After a few minutes, he pulled away and looked at me.

"You okay?" I asked.

He nodded. "I didn't-I didn't mean to put that on you."

"It's okay."

Thor walked in, breaking the silence with his booming voice.

"Lady Y/n! Loki! We're all going out for breakfast and you're both coming too." Thor informed.

I nodded and Loki groaned. "We'll be down in a minute." I told Thor.

He nodded and left.

"Do I have to?" Loki whined.

"Yes. I'll be back in a second. Hold on." I responded and left his room, slipping into mine.

I brushed my hair and changed into a red hoodie and black jeans with a pair of boots before going back into Loki's room.

"Ready?" I asked Loki.

"I guess." He grumbled.

"Quit whining and come on." I pulled him out of the room and he teleported us downstairs.

"Took you long enough." Tony blurted. Nat elbowed him in the side. "Ow!"

"Let's go! I'm hungry!" Thor exclaimed.

We walked down to the garage and piled into a large, black SUV. Steve got in the driver's seat, Tony was in the passenger seat, Bruce, Clint and Nat were in the second row, and Thor, Loki and I were all the way in the back.

"Thor! Quit poking me!" I yelled and smacked his hand.

Thor laughed like a child and poked me again.

"Loki! Hand me a dagger!"

Loki didn't hesitate and summoned a dagger in my hand.

Nat reached back and took the dagger from me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"Thor, quit poking Y/n. Y/n, quit trying to stab everyone when they don't do what you say." She mothered.

"Okay, Mom."

Nat rolled her eyes and turned back around.

"Are we there yet?" Loki whined.

"Everyone shut up!" Tony yelled. "Cap, quit being an old man and speed up."

"Tony, you're being a real pain in my ass." Steve replied.

Tony gasped. "For gosh sake. Watch your language."

"I'll turn this car around right now." Steve warned.

"Ooooh I'm so scared." Clint laughed.

Steve pulled into a parking spot and we all got out of the car.

"What the hell is Shawarma and why are we having it for breakfast?" Clint asked.

"It was Tony's idea." Steve told us.

We walked in, ordered our food and sat down. The restaurant was small and didn't seem too popular. The food however, was amazing.

We all talked and ate for about an hour and a half before leaving.

We piled back into the car and got into our previous seats.

Thor refrained from poking me this time. However, he did keep trying to tickle me. Which resulted in him getting punched in the shoulder multiple times. Nat gave me a disapproving look before turning back around and quietly erupting into laughter with Clint.

Loki kept quiet for most of the ride, except for when Tony kept calling him Reindeer Games, earning Tony a dagger thrown at his head. He jumped out of the car, trying to avoid the dagger and landed on the side of the road. The team laughed as Steve pulled over and allowed Tony to get back in before continuing the journey back to the Tower.