New Neighbors pt2

Qing delivered. Aside from the wide variety of flowers; lovely bouquets of white lilies, tulips, violets and peonies...he handed to his mother, Qing also brought tea and some coffee marzipan cake; a desert that Baba favors.

It was all worth it to see the touched expression on Mama's face as she received the flowers from Qing.

Mama: (while looking at the helpers taking the flowers to arrange them) Why so many? Did you buy the whole flower shop?

Qing: No. I left two or three stems of roses there. I just...Dayu suggested them to liven up the place. And I know how much you love flowers.

Its true. Mama does love her flowers. She even learned how to arrange them properly in vases or as center pieces on tables. Well, she is a proper lady after all. She learned all of that as she prepared to be a Madam of a rich household that she is right now.

Mama: (discreetly sniffing) Thank you. I never expect...

Qing: (groaning at me) See? She is like that. Acting like I don't do this enough and its like a whole new miracle to her. Making me look like a jerk of a son to her. And you want me to be nice...AH!

I deliberately stomped at his feet to stop him from talking. I got his left foot before he could jump away from me.

Qing: Dayu ah! You didn't mention doing any type of violence if I whine again...

Me: Well, now you know. I will hurt you if you don't behave.

Baba: (shaking his head in amusement) You two...

Mama: (chuckling) I knew Dayu is the reason why Qing will behave nicely in front of us. 

Qing: (pouty tone) He will hurt me if I don't.

Me: (all smile) I will. I really will.

Mama: (pulling me close to her) As you should. Lets eat.

We had a pleasant dinner with Qing's parents. But while we were having after dinner coffee and desert, Mama asked me for my schedule for the next two weeks and Qing, who has been behaving so well so far, snapped.

Qing: Why? Why do you need to know Dayu's schedule for the duration of your stay here? Why? Do you intent to hijack his time and attention again?

Me: What?

Mama: What? No! Not really...

Qing: (putting down his coffee) No. I think that is it. You asked for Dayu's schedule with an intention to know what time and day he is free and then you will ask him to accompany you along to every damn thing or places you want to go. Dragging my fiancé around as you please because you know he couldn't say no to you.

Baba cleared his throat. Mama looked around at us.

Mama: Is that what I am doing?

Qing: (nodding) Yes.

Baba: Well...you do have a habit of dragging Dayu along with you...

Me: But I love tagging along with Mama...

Qing: (standing) No, not this time. (grabbing my arm so he can pull me to stand with him) Dayu is busy. He is not free to entertain you or accompany you anywhere. You come here, you can stay here but you will not bother my fiancé. If I have to behave...you two have to behave as well. Come along, Dayu ah!

Me: But...

I couldn't say any words edgewise as Qing did what he accused his mother of doing; dragging me along whereever he pleases. The place is our home and after entering our main door and closing it, Qing proceeded to lock down the house by entering our safety code on the door.