Nappy Qing pt1

I have a Sleeping Beauty in my hand this weekend. Qing has been all nappy since yesterday.

Its not that he sleeps for 24 hours straight or whatever...its that, he literally takes a nap as soon as his back hits something soft like a bed, couch, or even a chair or carpet. I mean my dear readers, your Baba literally took an hour nap on the floor by the fireplace like he is Kuai or Kuangnu or reenacting Cinderella's life in the hands of her cruel stepmother and stepsisters.

And I am telling you all, I am not pleased.

(Oh! You are displeased again?)

Yes, yes I am.

Qing: (yawning) I'm tired, that is all. Why do you have to chase after my ass for taking naps? Why be cruel at me like this?

Me: Sure. Sure, I can forgive it if you are tired from lets say...working? But no, you are tired because you rode your big man bike with your friends to God knows where and you came home from that roadtrip to just change clothes, didn't even rest for a moment, so you can run off with your friends again to help someone move, carrying lots of stuffs around. And as if thats not enough exercise for you, you still did your scheduled gym workout and then played pool with your gang while drinking and smoking.

Qing: See, I am living life.

Me: No. You are playing hard. You are like a kid who stayed late in the playground and if I didn't call you to remind you that this condo hasn't seen you for more than ten minutes in the past two days, you wouldn't come home.

Qing: (smiling as he reached for me) I get it, you miss me...

Me: (smacking his arms away) No! You will not touch me and act like what you did is such a small thing. You exhausted your body enough that you shut down everytime you get to sit or lay down somewhere. You are snoring as you sleep, Wang Qing. Snoring hard. Means you are truly tired. And oh, by the way, forget about Xi's party...you are not going.

Qing: (frowning) How did you know about Xi's party? I haven't told you about that.

Me: (shrugging) I went through your phone and read your messages.

Qing: Dayu ah!

Me: What?!

Qing: (sighing) I...I just...

He wouldn't say anything. We are quite fine reading each other messages on our phones thats why we know each others phone passwords. And its not like we do that all the time. Yes, we respect each other's privacy but if I see my fiancé killing himself with exhaustion from spending too much playtime with his friends, you all bet your ass I'll be reading his messages with his gang to see whats up with Qing's scheduled activities with his friends.

I read in his messages that Qing had an agreement with his friends to meet up in the afternoon to prepare for a party that I am sure will last for a whole night and beyond.

Now, I don't mind Qing partying with his friends. Heck, he doesn't even need to ask my permission to attend parties. As long as he informs me about it, kiss my cheek and reassures me that he'll come home safe to me, he can party whenever or whatever.

But not when he is looking like an underpaid and overworked social worker with dark shadows under his eyes and dry skin from being dehydrated and stressed. Qing also look a bit pale.

Me: Call them now and tell them you cannot make it to Xi's party and that you'll make it up to them the next time. You will rest this weekend.

Qing: No. I...Dayu ah...

Me: Do you want me to do it for you? I can do that if you want to save face in front of your friends.

Qing: (mouth falling open) How is that saving face? If you call my friends to tell them I won't be able to make it to Xi's party, that'll just make me look like a coward who wouldn't even make the call and give my excuse to them.