Basic Matter

Wanna know why you need bestfriends? Its because of this...they make you question the hasty decisions you make in your life as well as make everything more confusing than they were before you tell them whats up but then they will also push you to put things right.

And this quite true when I talked to my bestfriends via videochat. Meng and Xiao were worried when I told them that my wedding will be on the following year and not on when I first planned it to be.

Meng: But you fought hard to make your parents understand that the wedding will be on in two or three years from now. What the hell happened, Dayu ah?

So I told them about the monk who predicted that Qing and I should marry next year if we want to stay together without too much struggles. I told my bestfriends everything.

Xiao: (wincing) This monk died?

Me: (nodding) Yes, on the day he predicted he will die. End of September 2021. He died of brain aneurysm and it just feel so sad.

Meng: Nah. Don't be sad. You said he told you all that he lived a full life. Lets be happy for the man who gets to do and see everything he wants to do and see while he was still alive. He's lucky.

Xiao: That is right. Not everyone can live by their terms and that monk did it. But its truly troubling that his prediction about his own death came true.

Me: Yes. And now I am worrying that if I didn't marry Qing next year, we will break up on our next crazy fight and it will be impossible for us to get back together.

Xiao: What a load of bullshits! You and Qing ge has been on many fights, most of them were crazy, and you still managed to get back together.

Me: Yeah...well, we have also never had someone who predicted that the next one might be the hammer that will break all the crazy molds.

Meng: So, thats why you decided to push forward with the wedding even though you are not that comfortable to do it next year? Thats insane, Dayu ah.

Me: I just feel like not risking it. And Qing promised me that we will take the adjustments on the marriage front as slow as we can. So, I feel like its the same as having a long engagement.

Xiao: (looking doubtful) Who are you two trying to convince? Us or yourselves?

I slumped.

Me: (sighing) Its insane, right?

Meng and Xiao: Yeah.

Xiao: I never thought that you and Qing ge will listen to a fortune teller, much more believe them.

Meng: I agree with Xiao. You could be superstitious at times but not outright basing something important like a wedding to a prediction.

Me: (pouting) I called you both to make me feel better about our decision.

Meng and Xiao was quiet for a second before they both smile widely at me.

Xiao: Good job, Dayu ah! We are so happy that your wedding will be next year. Who is your bestman again? Oh, its Meng.

Meng: (looking excited) Yeah! I cannot wait to be your bestman on your wedding, Dayu ah! This is great! You and Qing made the right decision on this!

I sighed in sadness for all of us. This is how I forced my friends to be happy for me. But knowing Meng and Xiao, they know me well enough to worry about me suddenly making a change on our plans.

We turned quiet. All of us thinking of an idea or something to say to make this all right for me. I know my friends are thinking of ways to genuinely make me feel better. I know because if the reverse happen, if I am in their position, thats what I will do. This is why I love these two people so much. They deeply care about me.