Abalones

You probably all know by now that I am an only child. The only offspring my parents produced from the love they share to one another. And if you are reading this and you don't know that I am an only child, well now you know...

But also, why didn't you know? And yes, thats judgment you are seeing in my eyes and hearing from tone. I mean, this is like what? The fifth installment of this never ending diaries I am writing, are you new here? Why, are you even my fan? Why are you like that?

Anyways, I am pissed...

(LOL we can tell...)

Not because not all of you knows that I am an only child, although really...it should be common knowledge by now. But I am pissed because my parents...my loving, most wonderful and loyal parents...sent an expensive box of fresh abalone that they ordered online from a local supermarket near our condo to us. They actually reserved a spot on the online store of the supermarket to get that box of abalone, paying extra for the reservation excluded from the small fortune they paid for the abalones themselves...

(Oh thats so sweet, Dayu ah. Your parents sent you guys abalones. You and Baba love abalones right? Why are you pissed?)

Yeah...I know that its a sweet gesture to send us abalones and yes, Qing and I love them but let me finish, okay? I am pissed because you see, they sent those abalones for their son who is STUDYING HARD to finish his ENGINEERING COURSE in a well known university.

Now, there are two things wrong with that. You see, I am not a student and also I am not studying to be an engineer. On the other hand Qing, my fiancé and so NOT my parents' son, is studying hard for his financial engineering course that he is taking from a well known university.

Do you see the problem now? Do you now see why I am pissed? Why don't I let you know the way I let my parents know how I felt about the whole thing.

Me: (on a videochat with my parents) I am your son. Your ONLY son. Why are you sending someone else's son abalones?

Mama: (frowning) What are you talking about? Qing is also our son.

Qing: (grinning behind me) (looking handsome and studious in a pair of round rimmed glasses) Mama! Baba! Thank you so much for the abalones! We will eat them well. How are you?

My parents beamed at him. They even waved at him and I decided to cut that nauseating wholesome scene in the bud.

Me: (pushing Qing away) No! No! You, go away! I am talking to MY parents! You go and call your own parents! Go!

Mama: (censoring tone) Dayu ah, don't be mean to Qing?

Me: Why? Why can't I be mean to him when you are all being mean to me?

Baba: Don't read too much about it, son. The abalones are for the both of you.

Me: Lies! There was a note! It says, to our soon to be engineer son. Keep studying hard but also take care of your health. What the hell? Do you want me to be an engineer?

Mama: Dayu ah, don't be like that. Don't be petty. Qing is also our son. When you took him home and introduced him to us, we accepted him as our son as well. By the way, has Baba and I ever told you what a fine job you did by taking Qing home to us?

Me: (bland tone) No. First, you both didn't understand why I am dating a guy when I am a guy as well. Second, you constantly voiced out concern about Qing's rich status and our physical difference since he is bigger than me. (now sounding bitter) Third, when you fell in love with him as well, you forgot to tell me because you forgot me and started just looking at him. Fourth, when we got engaged, you both turned King Kong and Godzilla on us. Fifth, here we are...you two sending expensive abalones to Qing instead of to your son. Thats like stages of grief instead its my nightmare.