New Neighbors pt1

Qing is losing his mind and its absolutely hilarious.

Hello and welcome back to my crazy mutterings aka my diary. Like I said in the opening line, my husband to be is going bonkers and I am having the time of my life seeing him go crazy. The reason; we have new neighbors who came in on Unit 4 of our floor.

If you all could remember the cursed unit that is Unit 4 of our floor, that unit never retained an occupant for a year. Former renters only live for a time there and during the time I have been living in this building, I have had countless of neighbors live on that unit. Some are pretty normal, others are stranger than aliens.

The last one was a married middle aged couple. They left because well...they actually divorced first because the wife found her husband doing the nasty with another in their marriage bed. The other party on that ugly scenario aside from the husband and wife is a young man. Yes, the wife caught her husband having sex with another man in their bed.

It was all a sordid affair. The woman went on a rampage for a moment and lashed out on everyone but most especially on us because Qing and I are a same sex couple. I think she harbors homophobic beliefs. Qing petitioned to his brother in law who is the owner of the building to relocate the woman because my husband to be cannot tolerate any homophobes living near us. Which, I think, is just right because there is the issue of safety to consider.

Anyways, thats over and the unit has new occupants. Except these occupants are not truly strangers to us.

Me: (delighted) Mama! Baba!

Qing's mother: (equally delighted) Dayu ah!

(What?)

Yeah, you read that right. The new occupants on Unit 4 are Qing's parents. The reason why they will stay on this condo building is...

Mama: The mansion will see some general cleaning from the staffs since we are getting ready to decorate for Christmas.

Me: Ohhh...will you throw a part for Christmas again, Mama?

Mama: Ah no, Dayu ah. Your Baba and I will try to travel this holiday break to visit some relatives. You know...

Oh I know. The pandemic is slowly waning but restrictions are still in place to keep everyone safe. But there was a time in the last two years that everyone was scared of traveling and having a get together even with relatives. Now, going around seems a little easier and I think its now slowly getting safe to travel full time again.

Qing: If you and Baba will travel for the holidays, why bother to decorate the house for Christmas?

Mama: (frowning) Because there are scheduled interviews that will be done in the house for your Baba and I. Do you really expect us to let media people and camera persons to enter our home while it look shabby?

Baba: (scowling) And even if we will not get pictured and interviewed in that house, decorating it for the holidays has always given your mother joy. Its like a tradition for her. Leave her alone.

Me: (nudging Qing with my elbow) Yeah! Leave Mama alone. What is your problem?

Qing: I don't know. Maybe its the fact that I did all I can to be able to get out of that mansion so I can live independently with the man I love, only to wake up one day and realize my parents are living right next door to me. Literally.

Well, he didn't lie. Qing proved to his parents that he can stand on his own and that is why he was given a go signal to live on his own way with me. And I hope by now, it is not a secret anymore that Qing won't win the Best Child Award since he make it seems like its such a chore to even dial his parents' numbers to call and talk to them.