Supportive Whatever

Qing and I had a no rice week...

(What?!)

I know. I could tell a joke about two Asian guys who decided not to touch rice for a week but that would not be a joke, that would be the beginning words for my murder story.

What I am trying to say is, we did it because Qing needs to watch his weight for his next project. A drama series.

Yes, I know. I know. Qing's main occupation right now is being a student. He grumbles about it almost all the time but he is quite serious about studying. Still, he has his jobs and he somehow had to earn money so we can continue living comfortably. Sure, I must have implied before that even if Qing and I won't work we can still live comfortably for the rest of our lives but that doesn't mean we can live idly. I mean, would I want to laze around all day and do nothing, you bet...not!

No. That would kill me. Or at least that will kill Qing. Not him living idly but me not doing anything everyday for like a period of time.

Qing: That would kill me. You lazing around.

Me: (offended) Why? Because no one will cook for you or do your laundry or clean the house for you? Is that it? Is that what I am to you? Your housekeeper?

Qing: (frowning) No. What the hell are you talking about? I can cook. I can take our laundry to the laundry shop and I can get cleaners here. I won't die if you won't do any household chores.

Me: (mellowing down) Oh. Then what do you mean about dying if I start lazing around...?

Qing: If your body stopped moving, your mind starts working overtime. (wincing) And if I will be perfectly honest my Love...

Me: (shaking my head as I glare at him) Don't. Don't be perfectly honest. Just a simple honest will do.

Qing: (kept on wincing) I'll give you mind about a week of working overtime before you concluded that I did something so heinous to our relationship that you just have to kill me.

Me: (snorting) I won't do that!

Qing: (looking unconvinced) Well...

Me: (widening my eyes on him in warning) I say I won't do that!

Qing: (grimacing) You are getting loud. Next you will do some small violence. And then you will start chasing me around shouting you will kill me.

Ugh! I hate this man. He thinks he so know me. So I proved him wrong by bypassing the first and second steps by doing the third. I started chasing him around our condo while firing threats to his life.

Qing was laughing throughout the whole ordeal. Gods I hate his long limbs that can run fast and hold me off from him.

Anyways, back to the no rice week we had. It was hard! Hard af! I think I just about made and had every sandwich available to mankind. We ate so much whole grain bread if I found myself in a wheat field...I would feel just as home.

We didn't do pizza and burgers though. We had potatoes for starch. Boiled sweet potatoes and kimchi are the bomb, you should all try it. Croquettes are so good as well. Baked potatoes should be eaten hot. And salad. Lots and lots of salads with different dressings and different proteins in it.

By the fifth day I was like...

Me: (while we are eating garden salad and clubhouse sandwiches) Could sushi be considered as a rice meal?

Qing: (foregoing biting into his clubhouse which is our dinner) What?

Me: (eyes shifting) I mean...its more seafoods than rice, right? Sushi...