Shopaholic

I am feeling displeased. Truly displeased. I am so displeased that my blood is starting to boil in...

(Displeasement?)

I was gonna say annoyance but displeasement sounds so into the theme of my displeased feelings. But question, is displeasement a real word? And if you, my dear readers, will pull a Feng Jian Yu on me, meaning you will ask me to research on the net if displeasement is a real word because you all couldn't be bothered to do it...I will be displeased! I'm telling you all, that is a warning.

Anyways, you might be wondering why I am feeling displeased at the moment. Well, its mainly because Qing is not in the capital right now. He is out of town for work and aside from the glaring fact that I miss him, he is the love of my life after all, he is also just way too far for me to pull his ear off because he is the reason why I am feeling displeased.

FYI, your Baba is slowly turning our living room into a warehouse full of boxes with the items he ordered online inside them.

And to make matters worse for my mood, I had to settle on expressing my annoyance (displeasement) to the man in a videochat.

Qing: (looking bashful) Its just a few items, Dayu ah.

Me: (eyebrow raising) (scoffing)!A few items? I hope you bought a dictionary from those piles of your orders currently making my living room ugly because you need to look for the meaning of the word "few" in it so you'll realize how ridiculous you sound right now.

Qing: Wait? Your living room...

Me: (ignoring him) A few means three or four orders, Wang Qing. Not twenty! What did you do? Bought a whole online store?

Qing: Those are just trinkets.

Me: I spied two new basketball shoes in there.

Qing: (eyes litting up) One pair is for you.

Me: Don't bribe me! I am angry. Come home now and sort out these boxes or I swear to god, I will throw them over our balcony. And you better not ordered any action figures or you will join them as I will also throw you over our balcony.

Qing: I didn't order any action figure. And no, please don't throw them over our balcony, I might have ordered something breakable in there. A new ashtray for Uncle. You know he loves his tobacco. His last one is too old already so I thought it'll be nice to give him something new to replace his old ashtray.

Me: Oh, that is sweet. Fine! I will save Uncle's ashtray, the rest will fly from the balcony.

Qing: (moaning) Dayu ah!

Me: You are a shopaholic! Did you hear me? You are an addict! You are...Becky Bloomwood.

Qing: (frowning) Who the hell is Becky Bloomwood?

Me: The main character on the book "A Confession of a Shopaholic". I caught the end of the movie version last night on TV. You are just like her. You have a condition.

Qing: So I might have gotten carried away with clicking things online...but I can afford them. (frowning) And its not like I am using your money to buy those things. I used my money to acquire them. What happened to our rule about not getting involved with how the other spend his own hard earned money? Do you really have any rights to nag me like this?

Me: (not impressed with his logic) You tell me, do I have the rights, Wang Qing?

Qing: (wincing) I swear, you are getting scarier and scarier by the day. I can now imagine how much you will control me once we get married.

Me: I won't control you. I also don't want to say anything about your spending habits because you are right, you can afford it and we do have a rule about not getting involved with how the other one spend his money. But we just renovated our bathroom and we spent a fortune on that one. Plus our holiday trips and gifts we gave to our loved ones. We spent so much money last month. I know because I saw you working on filing our financial papers. Is it wrong of me to be concern about the outflow of cash in this household?