32. Dinner and Secrets

Jennie POV

It sucked when my mum called me to tell me my ride was right outside and I had to leave, "Lili I gotta go, I'm kinda excited but also I think there's something else, I don't know, I think my mum isn't telling me everything, even if we just kinda fixed things you know, anyway I'm going to bring someone really special for me when I'm home, I'll text you!" Lisa smiled at me "Everything will be fine, whatever your mum wants to tell you just listen to her, maybe she will explain things, maybe she just want to enjoy your company, and who? Your mum? Cause I need to get ready, I may faint, I get nervous on this kind situations" I laughed and shook my head, "Walk me outside, but first kiss me", she held me in her arms and kissed me, gosh she knows how to drive me crazy, I gave her some pecks, "I have to go", I pecked her again and again, "It seems you want to skip dinner", I wiggled my eyebrows "I don't, I want you as my dinner", she almost choked up and I laughed, I kissed her for the last time and we walked outside, "Hey I'll text you ok?" And I kissed her again "You should come with me, or what if I call you and you rescue me", Lisa laughed out loud "Call me, I'll be there as soon as I can, I'll be your dancer in shining armour" I pecked for the last time and I got inside the car.

The driver looked at me and smiled after he got inside as well "Good evening Miss Kim" I just nodded "Arthur, you should call me Jennie", he smiled and shook his head, I'm not going to lie, I was nervous as hell, for sure my mum wanted to talk to me about something important.

We arrived fast and I texted my Lili, she just encouraged me, and told me to enjoy dinner, she would wait for me.

I got inside home and I said hi to everyone, they smiled at me and then my two loves came running happier than ever, "OMG MY BABIES!! How much I miss you guys", Kai and Kuma were running around, barking and wiggling their tails all happy, then my mum called me"Jen", I looked at her still petting my babies "Hi mum! How are you???" She came to me and hugged me tight, "Better now that I get to see my favourite daughter", I just laughed out loud "So at least I'm the favourite huh? Who are the other ones?", She chuckled "Kuma, Kai and Lisa... Maybe?" I just chocked up and my mum laughed.

"Come here, dinner is almost ready and I'm the one cooking, so you see it's a special occasion cause my baby is home", I smiled at her "Thank you, you really are kind enough to cook for me, you shouldn't have and mum..." But she cut me off  "I have to tell you something but I don't know how will you feel about it, cause it's hard, I told you I had many things to do and some of them were too much", I looked at her confused, she just sighed and I knew it wasn't something good "Mum are you alright, is everything okay with you, I mean with your health?" she chuckled and then shook her head "Omg no, don't think I'm sick or something, I'm sorry if I made you think that it's something wrong with me, I'm fine, healthy and everything", that made me feel so much better but it didn't stop me to tear up little, "Jennie I'm fine, but I wanted to talk about your father", I wasn't in the mood to hear something about him, "Can we discuss this later on, like even if it takes us years from now on", she laughed "Ok but it needs to be tonight, ok?", I nodded and then she served dinner "How is Lisa?" My mum looked at me mischievously and I knew she wanted to tease me, just to see that look in her face, "She is ... Perfectly fine mum, and I wanted to talk about her", my mum laughed like a teenager "Tell me Ruby Jane, did you both...", She wiggled her eyebrows and omg I lost it "Mum! What the hell..." She laughed out loud "Well you didn't let me finish, are you two dating exclusively, like a real relationship?"

I almost choked up with my food, I had to drink water and she was looking at me with so much tenderness "Mum I love her, I do love her so much and I know we are young but I can't think about don't spend my life with her, and I know you always wanted I marry a good man, but what about a good woman? Would you be mad if I tell you I'm dating the love of my life and it happens to be Lisa, the little shy Thai girl you met years ago?", My mum looked at me "Just tell me something Ruby Jane... Did she get rid of that short hair?", I was confused "Oh! Do you mean when you meet her and her hair was super short?" She nodded and I laughed "Yes she did, he hair is gorgeous so you don't have to worry", she looked at me "Even if she was bald, which I'm happy she isn't cause long hair suits her better", I laughed and she kept talking "I just want you to be happy, I just want you to do what makes you happy, in the company you prefer and you enjoy the chance to become what you have been dreaming for years, an idol, so I don't care if it's Lisa or whatever that guy name was, yeah the one you dated once and was cocky as hell, if you work for another company or ours, I just want to see you smile, I just want someone loves you as much as you love that person, Lisa is a good girl, her family is nice and the fact she is a girl doesn't change anything, you love a human being and that human being does the same, plus it doesn't surprise me, you have been in love with her for years  I told you you have been drooling for her since a long time ago, and don't you dare to deny it cause I saw it, since the first time she came here with you, but if she hurts you, don't tell me I didn't warn you, I'll make her life a living hell", I was shook and my mum laughed "But she won't cause I can see how much you love her, don't tell her I approve this yet, I want her to be the one telling me this ok?", I nodded and I embraced my mum "I love you mum, thank you for understanding all this and don't scare her, she is really nice and I was the one stealing her from this boy, I had to tell her how I felt before this guy made a move".

My mum laughed "That's your Kim side, don't let anyone steal anything or anyone from you", we laughed and then she looked amused "Do you have a picture of this guy", I got annoyed "Of course not, but he is an actor I'll look for him", I made a quick search and bam his picture popped up Immediately "Here it goes", my mum wiggled her eyebrows "Damn Ruby Jane he is quite handsome, you are such a seductive Kim", I just laughed "For god sakes I'm better looking", my mum laughed "Of course you are, you are Jennie Kim and one of the hottest and richest girls in Korea, so it sucks for him", I couldn't stop laughing and my cocky side was on point "I'm the best, I'm a Kim" my mum laughed "Kim-Manoban kids will be the cutest", and here I am choking up again and my mum laughed out loud "Well not now of course", I just shook my head and we kept talking about many things, the dinner was amazing and we were getting some ice cream.

"Mandu I think it's time we talk about your father... You see this week I had many things to do, I was traveling and I got a call, so the thing is ... I don't know how to say this, well he had an affair, and he had another kid around your age, and now this kid wants ..." I cut her off "Money? This supposedly son/ daughter wants money from us?", My mum gave me a sad smile, "Jennie this kid wants a family, her mother died a couple of months ago, she had cancer, and before her condition ended her life, she told her she had a sibling, and this girl contacted me, she didn't know your father.. well he had an accident, she never met him, she is all alone, she doesn't have anyone beside us, and she wants to meet you, she said she doesn't really need money, apparently her grandmother had a company and well she was the only heiress, her money is invested and she is a dancer now, you see she has been alone taking care of her mother and now she is all alone, I don't know her, I haven't met her yet but I think you should...", I cut her off "I don't want to meet her, why should I? I mean if you want to see her do it, but don't drag me into this mess", I got up and my mum held my hand "Jen if you were the one alone, without your mother or father, any sibling or even grandparents, I would like your only sister would welcome you, she didn't do anything to you, your father was... A mess, I loved him but my love wasn't enough, our love wasn't enough for him, he took bad choices but we are the only Kim around that can help that girl feel less alone?, think about it, I'm aware she was in USA, I don't even know if she is in Korea already".

I sighed, I don't want to be into this mess, I don't have any intentions to make my family bigger, I want to be with my mum, Lisa and my dogs, my mum was really sad "Mum did you know dad was fooling around with other women?", my mum shook her head "But I knew something wasn't right, he had many excuses for don't be around us, always work, even late at night, even on our birthdays, so I feel bad to get to know this, well more like confirm that he was this way, and I think that's why your grandfather made sure to put everything under our name to make sure your dad didn't waste everything and here we are, managing a Corporation that could have been lost by now and that's why I have been working non stop, for you, for our little family", I just hugged her tight, I guess it's hard to know someone you loved so much betrayed you and all this time gave you anything but heartaches.

My mum caressed my hair "I'm sorry, for don't be around that much, but I wanted to make sure you had everything you wanted and needed" I looked directly at her eyes, "You always have been everything I needed and I thank you for work so hard for me, I will help you with everything you need, if you want me to stop with the idol thing I will, and I will work hard with you", she shook her head, "No Jennie Ruby Jane, you will debut, you will live your dream and will work on the company later on, I'll teach you how to handle everything but for now I want you to be ready to debut, plus we could partner with the Manoban, what do you think?", I smiled "I think we can think about it, mum can I spend the night here with you?"

I saw a huge smile on my mum's face "Yes, absolutely, I would love to, can you spend the night in my bed, like when you were a baby?", I nodded with my eyes full of tears.

I called Lili to tell her I would see her tomorrow morning and I spend the most beautiful night cuddling with my mum, I really missed her, she is adorable and I couldn't live without her and now I was thinking about that girl that lost her mum and it's my half sister, maybe I should think about meet her, just to see how is she doing, loneliness is not something I can't deal, maybe she either.