"He is a great Soccer Player." Peter said as he watched Ardeth practice, "He won many tournaments for the college." He said proudly.

Sherlyn nodded as she watched him run around the Soccer field, his now sweat wet dark hair bouncing over his head as he kicked the soccer ball.

"I see, you both are close." Sherlyn remarked.

The old Janitor smiled before he spoke, "I have been working in this college for 15 years now and I have seen many students, but none like Ardeth."

"It was in his initials months in college that I came across him in this very place, he came and asked me why I looked sad that day." He smiled as he remembered.

"I was shocked since no one gave a second look at me, and the boy was asking why I look so sad. I told him that I have some problems as I had my months old grandson to raise, and I was having a hard time to support him after his parents passed away in an accident. He came forward and assured me that he will support Zachary, and true to his word, he has been helping for his needs for an year now." Peter said with moist eyes.

"Hi again." Ardeth said as he walked towards Sherlyn and Peter. "I see you both met eachother." He smiled.

"Sherlyn, this is Peter, my old friend and Peter, this is Sherlyn." Ardeth introduced. "I will be back in few minutes, I stink." He laughed and walked towards showers.

"How's Nick?" Sherlyn asked as they walked side by side towards the classrooms from the Soccer field.

"He got discharged yesterday, if you don't know." Ardeth said, "And is staying with his parents."

"Are you missing Nick?"

"Is it bad if I say I miss him more than I thought I would?" Ardeth smiled as he kicked a pebble.

Sherlyn shook her head.

"He has been with me ever since we are in diapers, he is more of a brother than a friend to me." Ardeth said.

"He feels the same about you too." Sherlyn said as she stopped walking.

"I know." Ardeth said, "Even though he is not vocal about it."

"I have my French class now." Sherlyn said pointing towards the classroom, making Ardeth huff rolling his eyes.

"Can't you miss this class and come with me?" Ardeth said, "I can teach you teach you better French, Chèrie." He wiggled his brows.

"No, sir." Sherlyn laughed.

"You have a beautiful laugh." Ardeth said as he looked Sherlyn.

"Umm.. thank you." Sherlyn blushed. "What are going to do now?" She asked.

"Probably go back to Soccer field, have a tournament coming up." Ardeth explained.

"Okay, I am getting late." Sherlyn said as she turned on her heel.

"See you later." Ardeth said and walked away.

Sherlyn walked out of the class thinking about Ardeth. He is the most arrogant, and stubborn person she met in her life, yet there seems to be more about him that what the eye catches. She felt confused about his behaviour, he behaves like he doesn't give a shit to anyone, but still he is the most caring person. She was scared about how she couldn't stop thinking about him, and how Marcie warned her to stay away from him.

"Thinking about me?" Ardeth asked.

"Yes." Sherlyn answered in a daze.

"I know, I am a charmer." Ardeth smirked making Sherlyn look at him wide eyed.

"No... I was not thinking about you." Sherlyn shook her head.

"Did anyone say that you are too bad at lying." Ardeth laughed.

"Shut up." Sherlyn turned away, "Bye." She walked away.

"Where are you going?" Ardeth asked as he jogged to keep up his pace with her.

"To home with Marcie." Sherlyn answered.

"Darling, Marcie and Johan already went home." Ardeth said making Sherlyn stop.

"What?"

"Yes, Johan dumped the practice session to go home with Marcie." Ardeth informed.

Sherlyn looked around the parking lot to spot Marcie's car but when she didn't find it, she knew Ardeth was telling the truth.

"Come on lets go." Ardeth said opening his car door.

"You took a wrong turn!" Sherlyn shouted as Ardeth drove them in an opposite direction of her home.

"I know the directions more than anyone else, Sweet heart. I took a right turn." Ardeth said shifting the gear.

"I never knew this road leads to my home." Sherlyn wondered.

"Because it doesn't." Ardeth said stopping his car infront of a shabby looking cafe.

"Why did you bring me here?" Sherlyn demanded as he pulled her along with him by her hand.

"You ask too many questions." Ardeth said as he opened the door for Sherlyn to get down. "I am feeling hungry and Marianne makes the best food in the city." He said as he opened the wooden door that was hardly being held by the hinges.

"Hola Marianne." Ardeth waved his hands at a old woman behind the counter.

"Ardeth, how are you?"

"Lost and sad without you, darling." Ardeth winked at the old woman, who blushed like a teenage girl in love.

"Who is this beautiful girl?" Marianne asked as she looked at Sherlyn.

"I am Sherlyn." Sherlyn introduced herself.

"I am famished." Ardeth said as he sat by the corner table.

"Please make yourself comfortable, I will send someone to take your orders." Marianne said and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Marianne makes delicious donuts and cupcakes, her special coffee is something you should try atleast once in your lifetime, it's heavenly." Ardeth said as they sat at the table.

Even though the cafe looked shabby from outside, inside it looked great with lanterns dangling from the roof, hot coffee smell in the air and teak wood chairs and tables.

"Ready with your orders?" A young looking waitress asked standing by their table.

"What would you like to have?" Ardeth asked Sherlyn.

"I am good, I don't want anything." Sherlyn said sipping water from her glass.

"Do I need to come back later?" The waitress asked.

"No." Ardeth said looking at the menu, "Four donuts, two cupcakes, two extra cheese burgers and one coffee with one sugar."

"I said I don't want anything." Sherlyn whispered.

"Who said I ordered anything for you, that's for me." Ardeth rolled his eyes, "If you want anything you are free to place your order." He said and pushed the menu towards Sherlyn.

"Coffee with two sugar." Sherlyn mumbled to the waitress.