Chapter 6. Nothing But The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir, she is with me here in the kitchen."

"Good, Tanya and I are working on something in my office.  Please see that we are not disturbed...thanks Becky," 

"No problem Mr. E,"

                                                                                      <><><><><>

Eric looked at Tanya.  He was angry yet calm...so unlike his former self.    "It appears that I am not the only one who fucked up in this marriage. I am going to ask you some questions and I want you to tell me the truth, and nothing but the truth.  We clear?"  

Tanya nodded yes.  

"Is Luke Ericka's father?" he asked squeezing  a stress ball so tight, he was sure the damn thing would be shredded by the time he got an answer out of her.  

"No, he is not.  Ericka is your daughter; I always told you that you could have a paternity test done on her, you still can.  I never had sex with Luke, but you never wanted to hear the truth," she said getting agitated.

"Why would I have doubt about something like that? What happened with you and him?" he asked.

Tanya explained to him how after she suffered a miscarriage, she was depressed and she went to New York to spend some time with Julia and there she met Luke.  

"I think that I was attracted to him because he looked so much like you...we kissed but there was never anything more than that, but you would never let it go or let me go...you wanted to kill Luke,"

'I should have killed the fucker; why didn't I? I just don't understand why this fuck is still walking around.   Messing with a family member 's wife is outside the code of conduct'

"So he looked like me, is that your defense for cheating on me?"

"Why are we back to this? It was only a kiss; nothing  else happened; I swear." 

"Other people seem to think that there was more than kissing that happened; why would they think that?"

"I don't know Eric, your mother spread those lies; she made our life hell.  I just wish she could go off and die," she cried.  

'You would think that I am a monster if you knew what I have in mind for mother dearest'

"You said a kid outside the marriage was your red line.   I fucked up and you are following through and leaving me.  You fucked up and we were still together.  What  is or was  my red line?" he asked.

Tanya looked at him.  'How can I tell him that  he had no red line.   It didn't matter what I do, he would never walk away from me'  

"Well what was it? You fucking a family member? There can't be anything worst than that. What was my red line?"

"You don't have one," Tanya told him.  

He looked at her for the longest time without saying anything.  'Is she fucking with me right now? How is it she has a red line and I have none? There is something that she is not telling me' 

"Why didn't I have one? Did I love you so much that you could do nothing wrong to justify me leaving you?" he asked.  

Tanya teared up but, didn't answer.  'Bingo...he didn't care what I did, he would still love me; I feel the same too, I can never stop loving him, even though I must leave him.  What kind of love is this? is it a blessing or a curse?'

"How can I believe anything you say? Will I ever get to see my kids again once you leave here? You had a chance to come clean about Luke and you hid the truth from me.  If I can't trust you, who can I trust? Your brother?" he asked.