~37~

𝚂𝚉𝙰 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝚆 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴"0:35 ━❍───────── -4:00 , ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺𝚅𝙾𝙻𝚄𝙼𝙴 ▂▃▄▅

𝚂𝚉𝙰
𝙳𝚁𝙴𝚆 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴
"0:35 ━❍───────── -4:00 , ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
𝚅𝙾𝙻𝚄𝙼𝙴 ▂▃▄▅

Amari's POV

"get up! get up! it's christmas" i heard amelia shout while jumping on my bed, awakening both jaeda and i. "alright princess, i'm up" i mumbled while sitting up. "santa left gifts!" she shouted loudly as i rested my head against the bed frame, too tired to function.

"mari get up! get up" she said excitedly while dragging my hand. "jae jae get up! santa left gifts for you too!" she said while pulling jaeda up. "mhm i'm coming" jaeda mumbled before cuddling my torso.

"santa left a big present for mari too! come" she said causing me to sigh before getting up. "baby wake up" i whispered to jaeda while kissing her face. "mhm i wanna sleep" she mumbled while wrapping her legs around me, forcing me to lie on top of her.

"c'mon before amelia kills us both for ignoring santa" i said while pulling her up. "merry christmas everyone" she mumbled lazily before flopping onto the couch. "let's eat and then we can open all the presents together" ma announced causing jaeda to groan.

"that includes you jaeda" she said. After eating, we all sat down, our parents handing us our gifts. "this is for amelia" ma said as amelia excitedly grabbed the box. We laughed as she tore the wrapper open, giggling loudly.

"woahhh" she said while looking at her new play set that i'm sure was going to cause a mess. "look it mari!" she said while walking over to me with the box that was bigger than her. "that's so cool princess" i said as she sat on jaeda's lap.

"amari this is from me" brayden said causing jaeda to gasp. "brayden?! you're actually giving gifts" she asked in shock. "this is the only time i'll ever buy you anything" he joked. I carefully opened the box to see a signed basketball jersey.

"oh shit" i said in shock while holding it up. "yooo this is crazy" i said while giving him a brief hug. "i'm framing this for sure" i said while folding it neatly. "this is for jae jae" amelia said as she gave jaeda a piece of paper.

On it, there was drawing she made with jaeda and her playing that said merry christmas. "thank you so much sweetie" she whispered while giving her a hug. I saved my gift for jaeda for last, and until everyone was gone

It wasn't anything extravagant but i know she'd like it. "merry christmas baby" i whispered while giving her the wrapped gift box. She smiled from ear to ear while untying the ribbon.

"amari?!" she said in shock while quickly closing the box again, making sure no one saw. "what? you don't like it?" i asked while sitting next to her. "where am i to wear that?!" she asked while widening her eyes. "for me, in the bedroom" i said while smiling.

"i'm just playin that ain't your real gift" i said, hearing her sigh loudly. "here you go mama" i said while giving her a much smaller box. "it's a promise ring" i said while holding her hand.

"hopefully in the future i can get you a real engagement ring but for now this will do" i whispered as i held her right hand. "but i promise i'll love you forever baby, i know we've been through a lot but we always come out on top." i whispered before chuckling.

"this ring is to symbolize my love for you, and i promise, no matter where i am, how i'm feeling, i will always love you" i said, but i didn't realize i was crying until she wiped my face.

I placed the ring on her right ring finger and i hope that in the future i'll be able to put an actual ring on her ring finger. "awww you're making me cry" she mumbled while resting her head on my chest for a hug.

"i love you so much" she mumbled softly before sniffling. I smiled while picking up a mistletoe from the table, placing it above our heads. She laughed while looking up before looking at me.

She placed both her hands on my face, bringing my lips onto hers. I smiled against her lips while pulling her closer, enjoying the moments i had with her.

"i got you something too but it's not as good as this" she mumbled while pointing to the ring. "that's fine, it's the thought that counts" i said as she pulled out a two boxes from behind the christmas tree.

"and i didn't really have much money this month so it-it's um gold plated. not-not real gold" she said as she rocked back and forth on her tippy toes, nervously playing with her fingers. "baby that's fine, i don't care if it's real gold or not" i whispered while kissing the side of her head.

"yeah but i really wanted to get you the real one but i didn't know real gold was that expensive" she mumbled. "i'm sorry" she continued. "c'mere" i said as i placed the boxes down, pulling her into a hug.

"i appreciate everything thing you do for me or get me. i don't care if it's real gold or plastic, to me, it still has the same value" i whispered. I eventually opened the gifts, in one there were little studded earrings that had my initials.

The next box had a brand new pair of shoes that i've always wanted. Jaeda and i were similar in many ways but our biggest difference were our financial situations. I was much more fortunate than her and whenever i could i helped out. She always told me not to but i found ways to slip in a little money.

"baby" i said while looking at the new shoes. "you like 'em?" she asked with a small smile. "yeah but i've been trying to get them for months and i know for a fact they aren't cheap" i said as she nodded slowly.

" i've been saving up so i could buy them for you" she said happily. "jae, i can't accept this" i whispered. As much as i appreciated the gift, i felt guilty. The shoes were at least $800, and that was the starting price.

"no, keep em. i worked extra shifts at the diner so i payed for everything" she said excitedly. "you sure? i'd much rather you return them and keep the money." i said while holding her hand, directing her towards my lap.

"you deserve it, for being the best boyfriend ever" she said before pecking my lips. "well you put it like thattt" i said while smiling widely. She held my face with both her hands, slightly turning her head to the side while staring at me.

"i'm in love with you" she admitted causing me to smile. "i'm in love with you too" i whispered softly while melting into her hands. "are you blushing?!" she asked causing me to quickly cover my face with my hands.

"stop! don't point it out!" i said, trying to contain my happiness. "i made you blush!" she said excitedly. "i'm not blushing dude" i mumbled, trying to keep a straight face.

"mhm look me in the eyes" she said while slightly widening her eyes. I covered the bottom half of my face so that only my eyes are visible. I laughed when she removed my hands to reveal my red cheeks.

"amari's blushingggg" she sang while dancing as if she was crazy. "guys! guys! we're building snowmans outside" amelia said while skipping around. "jae jae build one with me please?" she begged while holding jaeda's hand.

"ok, let me put some proper clothes on" she said while picking her up. I stayed inside and watched all of them play with amelia outside. I'm glad that our families could finally get along.

But there was one more person i wanted her to meet . . .

A/N-
who he want her to meetttttt?