~28~

𝚂𝚉𝙰 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝚆 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴"0:35 ━❍───────── -4:00 , ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺𝚅𝙾𝙻𝚄𝙼𝙴 ▂▃▄▅

𝚂𝚉𝙰
𝙳𝚁𝙴𝚆 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴
"0:35 ━❍───────── -4:00 , ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
𝚅𝙾𝙻𝚄𝙼𝙴 ▂▃▄▅

Amari's POV

I watched as she paced back and forth in the hospital's waiting room, shaking her head while biting her nails. "jae? sit down" i whispered as i placed a hand on her shoulder.

"no, they'll call us soon, i can feel it" she mumbled while pushing my hand off. "you can go home now, i'm fine" she said while sniffling. "i'm aight, i just want to make sure you have someone here with you" i said as she nodded before continuing her pacing.

Her mother quickly rushed through the doors, engulfing her into a hug. "ma what happened? how did he get shot?" jaeda questioned. "those stupid officers outside shot my son!" she shouted causing us to look outside to see three officers standing outside.

"he was reaching for a gun ma'am" one of them said. "he was reaching for what you asked him for! his license" she shouted while walking closer to him. "he did nothing to you! he followed your rules and you shot him! for nothing" she screamed at them.

Jaeda sniffled while walking towards the bathroom. I looked beside me to see kyle staring at the wall with his hands on his lap. I slightly gasped when i saw blood on his shirt, which could only belong to brayden.

"hey bud" i whispered while sitting next to him. "this is his" he got out as his bottom lip quivered. I looked down to see that he was pointing to the blood on his shirt.

"i know bud" i whispered as he fell forward, crying onto my chest. "he's going to be fine" i whispered as he continued to cry. "he did nothing wrong" he mumbled. I couldn't even imagine what he was going through.

A 14 year old watching his brother get shot, and having to wear his blood on his body the whole way here. "do you want me to get you another shirt?" i asked.

"no, i want to wear this one, in case. . ." he paused before looking at his mother arguing with the officers. "in case he doesn't make it" he whispered.

"bud don't think like that ok? he's gonna make it, it's brayden we're talking about right now" i said as he nodded. "do you want anything?" i asked, seeing him nod. "i want my brother" he mumbled.

I didn't know what he was going through personally, but it was as if i could feel his pain. "where's jaeda? i want jaeda" he mumbled while getting up, wandering around as if he was a lost puppy.

Jaeda wrapped her arms around him as soon as she exited the bathroom. I wanted to help them, but then again, there's nothing i could do.

"can i get an update on brayden rose please?" Her mother asked, slightly banging on the front desk. "'may i ask who you are to him?" she asked. "he's my-my son, i'm his mother" she said frantically.