Part 47: The consequence

After a few hours:
Everyone came to meet Prachi. The doctor informed them that they could take Prachi home. Aryan went to do all discharge formalities as Ranbir didn't want to leave her alone for one instance.

Dida and Pragya were talking to Prachi. Pallavi was with Rhea outside the ward.
Rhea:"how lucky can this girl be? She escaped thus as well."
Pallavi:"it's just the beginning. (She whispered more to herself) Ranbir will suffer if Prachi is hurt then my target should be Prachi. Hurting him has no effect now."

Rhea grew tensed seeing Aryan there. Pallavi turned seeing her shocked face.
Rhea:"all formalities done?"
Aryan just nodded.
Rhea:"Great then. We can take her home and get out of here. I am so tired."
Pallavi:"we can leave."
Pallavi left followed by Rhea. Aryan watched their retreating figures suspiciously.

His thoughts were broken by Ranbir who called him.
Everyone came out as well.
Ranbir:"what happened?"
Aryan looked where Pallavi and Rhea just left.
Aryan:"leave it for now. How come you left Prachi alone?"

Ranbir:"Shahana is helping her to change."
Aryan:"you could have done it, you wouldn't mind right?"
A small smile crept on Ranbir's face.

Soon all discharge procedures were done and Ranbir brought Prachi to her parents' apartment.
Only Arhana came with them.
He put her in bed and tucked her in. She was still until the sedative influence and thus slept. Shahana was by the side while the boy went outside.
Ranbir was preparing some soup for her when he noticed that Aryan was on the balcony lost in his thoughts.

He came to him after turning the gas off.
Ranbir:"what's wrong, bro?"
Aryan:@i got a call when inwas filling the discharge form from the fire brigade."

Ranbir:"what did they say? What cause the fire?"
Aryan:"kerosene."
Ranbir:"what?"
Aryan nodded yes.
Ranbir:"that means someone intentionally ignite that fire."
He again nodded yes.
Aryan:"and you must have guessed who is behind it."
Ranbir looked at him. And then looked away angrily. Aryan noticed his clenched jaws and fists. He knew what was going to be Ranbir's reaction but he could't hide it and especially after hearing what Pallavi said outside the ward.
Rhea might not have paid attention but he did. He heard everything.
He couldn't hide this knowing that his sister's life might be in danger.

Aryan also informed him what he heard outside the ward.
Ranbir, angrily:"i am not going to leave her."
He was leaving angrily but Aryan said he will come with him.
He texted Shahana that he will be back and to stay with Prachi.

Kohli's mansion:
Ranbir entered angrily and called her out.
Ranbir:"Mrs. Pallavi, Mrs. Pallavi....."
Pallavi and Vikram were the first to come there.

Vikram:"what is this behaviour?"
Ranbir approached Pallavi and was glaring at her the whole time.
He held her arms and brought her in the middle of the hall.
Pallavi:@what happened?"

Ranbir went to the bar and grabbed a bottle of alcohol leaving everyone confused. He came back to Pallavi.
Even Aryan was confused. Ranbir wouldn't drink in this situation then why the bottle?

Ranbir opened the bottle and circled Pallavi with the alcohol pouring down the floor.
Pallavi:"what are you doing?"
Vikram tried to stop him but Ranbir pushed him away. And Aryan also stopped Vikram.

He took a lighter and light it up.
Pallavi, scared:"Ranbir? What the hell are tou doing? Have you gone mad?"
Vikram:"Ranbir..."
He tried to go but Aryan didn't let him.

Vikram:"you are also supporting him?"
Pallavi, terrified:"Ranbir.... Don't."
Dida came there hearing all the commotion and was shocked seeing the scene.

Ranbir:"i warned you: if you dare to hurt her, i will not think about any relation. Now feel what Prachi felt."
Dida rushed to Ranbir.
Dida:"Ranbir have you gone mad?"

Ranbir:@she keeps doing evil things but gets away with it. Actually no.... I let her get away from it. I didn't want to hurt you but truth is that this son and daughter in law of yours have been torturing me every single day since my 7 years.
They have been hitting me continuously. Not a single day went by without them beating me. She forced me to have drugs and made me a drug addict.
I stayed quiet but not now. She dared to hurt Prachi and that i won't tolerate. I am not going to stay quiet watching them hurt my girlfriend.
Now suffer the same."

Dida looked on shocked. It was the first time Ranbir told her. She couldn't react. She couldn't believe what Ranbir just told her.

Ranbir once again light up the lighter and this time let it fall to the ground.
He wasn't going to kill her. He is not a monster. But he will turn into one if they hurt Prachi. He threw the alcohol quite far from Pallavi. Far enough that the flames wouldn't touch her.

Pallavi screamed as the fire ignite around her. She screamed for Vikram and Dida.
Ranbir left from there followed by Aryan.
Vikram rushed to extinguish the fire.

Dida came out of her shocked state hearing Pallavi's scream.
She also helped Vikram to turn off the fire. Once it was off, Pallavi hugged Vikram in fear.

Oberoi's apartment.
The boys entered when they heard giggles from Prachi's room.
Ranbir went to the kitchen. He drank a cold glass of water and handed one to Aryan.
Aryan:"calm down now. The girls will read us in one instance."
Ranbir drank more water to calm himself.

Aryan:"although i am against violence but she needed a wake up call. She can't keep on hurting you and Prachi to get to you."

Shahana:"you guys are back. Well, i already fed her the soup and gave her the medicine."
Ranbir:"thanks."
Shahana:"Mister, she is my friend as well. It's the least i can do."
Arbir smiled at her.
Shahana:"what did you guys do?"
Aryan:"what? Nothing."
Shahana looked at them suspiciously.

Ranbir nudged Aryan.
Aryan:"ok, ok i will tell you but not now. I will tell you at home. "
Ranbir:"you can't go there."
Aryan:"no Ranbir, Dida needs explanation. I will tell her the whole truth."
Ranbir:"if they do something to you, you will call me. I am just a call away."
Aryan:"i know you always have my back."

Arbir hugged each other before Arhana left.

———————
Hope you guys like it.
Pallavi will be punish soon, it's coming. A little bit patience.
And thank you all for your support