Part 29: Their 'I don't know'

It  has been 3 days since Ranbir saw Prachi. And he was growing restless. He was missing her. Prachi didn't contact him during these days.
He wanted to be left alone and she thought to give him his space.

Mr. Oberoi came by to thank him for everything he did.
But there was something else, Mr. O was more attentive and observing. Ranbir couldn't understand why but he liked it as well.
Mr. O slowly became a father figure for him. A good one. He looked up at him.

Mr. O told him that he needed his help tonight so he was going to their house. His hands were sweating he knocked the door.
What will he say to Prachi?
How will....

His thoughts vanished when the door opened. It was always Prachi who received him at the door but not tonight. It was Mrs. O.
They greeted each other and they came in the hall.
His eyes were searching for someone but she was no where to be seen.

Mrs. O:"He is in his study, waiting for you."
Ranbir thanked her and moved to the study.

Mr. O's study:
He was reading a file when Ranbir entered.

Mr. O:"Ranbir, glad that you came to help. I actually needed your help to find out about a boy."

Ranbir:"me?"
Mr. O:"yes, he is in the business field so you will know better."
Ranbir:"ok, sure."
Mr. O gave him the details on the boy in questions.

Ranbir:"may i know for what purpose are you looking into him?"
Mr. O:"for Prachi's engagement."
Ranbir looked at him.

Ranbir, shocked:"what? Engagement?"
The elder man nodded.
Mr. O:"i want to make sire he is best for my daughter."
Ranbir:"Prachi said yes? For the engagement?"
Mr. O:"that doesn't matter. Can you do this for me?"
Ranbir nodded yes sadly.

He left the study room dejected.
Why was he feeling bad? He told her to go away. Now she is going away forever.

He came across Prachi's room and saw her on her bed watching Netflix.
He came in and approached her.
Prachi:"you came already?"
Ranbir pulled her by the arm so that she can stand up.

Prachi:"what happened?"
Ranbir:"you are asking me what happened?"
She was confused about what was going on.

Ranbir:"whatever is going on here... you said yes after knowing everything. I know it's my fault i pushed you away but still... why did you say yes?"
Prachi, still confused:"my yes or no doesn't matter in this."

Ranbir:"you said yes for your engagement and...
Prachi:"how does it impact us?
Wait what did you say? Engagement?"

He nodded yes.
Prachi:"what engagement? Whose engagement?"
Ranbir:"yours."
Prachi:"mine..."
Ranbir:"yes, i told you i can't bear someone else with and you still said yes..."
Prachi:"you also said you can't give me that right..."
Ranbir:"i agree... but i do want this. You said right i can't let them still control my life. I want this peace. The peace of being with you."

Prachi:"why?"
Ranbir:"i don't know why. I don't know."

Prachi, understanding the fact that Ranbir will need time to fully comprehend this:.
"So, you stick with the 'i don't know' and i will stick to the same. No complications"

Ranbir looked at her.
Prachi, excitedly:"i am happy and excited with this 'i don't know'."
She hugged him in excitement.

Ranbir was happy in that moment. He didn't know where this will go but for now he is just happy.
Seeing her this excited and and happy was double happiness for him.

Ranbir, breaking the hug:"the engagement?"
Prachi:"Papa will understand."

"Not only understand, i already approve."
Pranbir turned around to find the Oberoi family.

Mr. O:"Sorry Ranbir, i had to lie to you so that you can actually tell the truth. There's no engagement fixed."
Pranbir looked at each other.

Mrs. O:"what you both feel for each other, we all can see it. That's why all this was made up by him to unite you too."
Dids:"we all approve of your relationship since the beginning."
Mr. O:"you needed some boaster. Hope you wouldn't mind. You are my son after all."
He hugged Ranbir who was at first surprised but reciprocated the hug.

Dids:"now let's go newly boyfriend/girlfriend, let's have dinner."
The oberois left and Ranbir was following them but Prachi stopped him.

She quickly kissed him on the cheek.
Prachi:"go Mr. boyfriend, i will come soon."
She went to the washroom while Ranbir had a smile on his face.

This was how their relationship started. With no proposal, no i love you. Just their feelings which didn't need to be voiced out.
Just their 'i don't know'

During this phase: they both were just content and happy with each other. They both grew closer.
Prachi would sometimes help him with his business especially on the legal side. Ranbir over the time fully opened up about everything.
They became each other's support and strength and no one could break this bond.
They would spend all their time together and Prachi's family also supported them throughly.

Flashback ends here.

Shahana:"wow. Means you both understood each other without any of you understand it."
Prachi nodded.

While Arbir were discussing this topic, the girls were doing the same.
Prachi:"it started with the 'i don't know' but now i know that i can't live without him."

Boy's side:
Aryan:"so you never told her?"
Ranbir:"nope. And we don't need to say it to each other. We both know it."
Aryan:"i know but she is also a girl, bro. Don't you think that she will also love that you do something special for her?"
Ranbir looked on.

Aryan:"have you taken her in a date?"
Ranbir:"we went out."
Aryan facepalmed himself.
Aryan:"on a proper date? Where you decorated the venue and made her feel special."

He nodded no.
Aryan:"oh God, what do i do with this boy?"
Ranbir:"i don't do all this."
Aryan:"i know but do it just once and you will see how happy she will be."
Ranbir was lost in his thoughts while the bartender handed them their drinks.
Aryan:"let's go."
They joined the girls back.

———-
Hope you guys liked this one. And thank you guys for all the support.