Part 2: Ranbir Kohli

Once again he was hearing and seeing those images.
Sweat beads were on his face. He didn't want to remember those memories. He didn't have them for one year now, but now they were back.... Why?
He knew why: he didn't have the reason why it stopped with him.

He opened his eyes and rubbed them. He looked around seeing if the strangers around him had noticed. But they were too busy in their own world to pay attention.
He sighed as he didn't want to attract attention.
He looked at his watch. His flight was landing in 45 mins. He was going back to the place he didn't want to go ever again.
He opened his laptop and worked for a bit. He seemed annoyed by what he was reading and immediately typed a message.

The guy in question was named Ranbir Kohli. The only son of Kohli industries. His dad made a fortune with his business and now Ranbir is the one handling it. He was handling the branch in London.
Under his care, the brand prospered even more.
However, compared to the branch of London, the one in India was suffering badly. You would see problems in every corner.
He wasn't going for that reason though. His childhood best friend cum brother is getting married.
He couldn't care less about the business that was failing miserably. But he knew his dad wants him to take charge of it as it's the main one.

On the other side: Kohli's mansion:
Full preparation was going on.
Dida:"hurry up. Everything needs to be ready by tomorrow. My grand son is coming tomorrow."
The servants nodded and got back to work.

Mehra family joined them.
Dida welcomed them.

Pragya:"preparation has started here."
Pallavi:"yes, everything should be best, it's important as it's a special night for both our boys, right Dida?"
Dida:"Ranbir is coming after so long and Aryan is getting engaged."

Abhi:"where is Vikram? I had to talk to him."
Pallavi:"where would he be? Obviously in his office, trying to deal with his problems."
Everyone looked at each other while Abhi left from there.
Dida:"where are the bride and groom?"
Just then a voice came:"Bride is here, don't know about the groom."
They all turned to see Shahana.

(Arhana are getting married in this one😂😍)

Dida:"where is Aryan, Pallavi?"
Pallavi:"how will i know?"
Shahana:"i will call him."
Dida nodded and Shahana went to the side to call Aryan.

Pallavi:"Pragya, where is your daughter?"
Pragya:"she went shopping with her friends. She will come soon."
Pallavi nodded and left from there.

Pragya and Dadi helped Dida with the preparations.

Shahana went outside and called Aryan who was driving.
Shahana:" you are disappearing before marriage itself, not fair."
Aryan, teasingly:"why? I didn't have to tell you before where i was going. Then?"
Shahana:"that was before. Now, i am your wife."
Aryan, still in mischievous ways:"would be wife. Who knows i can back out last moment?"
Shahana:"you can't back out as from tomorrow, Mister."
Aryan:"ok, i have 24 hours to think."

Shahana:"very funny. Now, tell me where are you?"
Aryan:"i am going to pick up Ranbir."
Shahana, confused:"he is coming tomorrow."
Aryan:"don't tell anyone, but he is coming today. I will explain everything later on. Just don't tell anyone."
Shahana hesitantly agreed. They hung up.
Shahana to no one in particular:"Their relationship is so secretive. But Aryan said not to say anything so i should keep quiet."

At the airport:
Aryan parked the car and came out. He was a bit late so he kept searching for Ranbir here and there.
Aryan, ruffling his hair:"did he leave in anger? Aryan.... Why didn't you come on time?"
He rebuked himself.

At the same time, someone touched his shoulder and Aryan turned to see Ranbir.
Aryan:"bro...." He happily hugged Ranbir who hugged him as well.
Aryan:"yaar, i missed you so much."
He again hugged his best friend cum brother. He hadn't seen him for the past two years.

Ranbir:"i missed you too." And smiled a bit.
Aryan:"bro, smile a little bit more for me. I am your lovely brother."
Aryan made a funny face which resulted into Ranbir smiling fully.
Ranbir:"cartoon...."
Aryan:"i can become anything to make you smile, forget cartoon...."
They both went to the car.

Ranbir:"so, wedding?"
Aryan hummed.
Ranbir:"how did she trap you?"
Aryan ruffled his hair.

Ranbir:"this habit would never go...."
Aryan noticed his hands in his hair and remembered how they both have that habit when they are nervous.

They both laughed and got into the car.
Ranbir:"you have to make me meet Shahana without all the family drama..."
Aryan:"talking about family drama, everyone is preparing for your arrival..."
Ranbir rubbed his forehead.

Aryan:"i will be with you."
Ranbir:"you will keep me sane there."
Aryan nodded.

Aryan, hesitating:"do you think you will be able to face her?"
Ranbir looked at him.
Ranbir:"i don't know myself."
Aryan looked on tensed.

Aryan:"anyway, rest today. We will see to that tomorrow. The farmhouse is ready and you are meeting Shahana tonight for dinner."

He dropped Ranbir to the farmhouse and said that they will meet for dinner.

Ranbir was in shower drowned in his thoughts. Aryan's question caught him off guard.
Was he ready to face her?
He didn't know, he can't say what reaction he will have.
Will it be anger or pain or indifference?
He would choose to be indifferent but he couldn't control it.

————
Hope you guys like it.
First chapters are going to be on a slow pace.
Bear with me😂