Part 42: Manipulative Pallavi

Next morning
Ranbir was in the office with Prachi. They were checking everything they could. The elderly man was also helping them.
He brought old back ups of the company for Ranbir.
After checking everything, Ranbir hit the table furiously.
Ranbir:"every single part works perfectly. The business is not in loss. She hid it well."
Prachi:"but why?"

Ranbir:"only way to know is to ask her." He took a file and left with Prachi.

In the car:
Prachi:"are you sure about confronting her?"
Ranbir:"i need to know, and i can't go around looking for answers. If she answers good, otherwise forget it. We will leave for London tonight itself."
Prachi nodded.

They reached Kohli's mansion. Pranbir noticed the house being decorated. They looked at each other confused.

When they came in, Dida happily came to Ranbir.
Dida:"look everything is almost ready. I am so proud of you."
Prachi joined Arhana and asked them.
Aryan:"we have no clue."

Ranbir:"what's happening, Dida."
Pallavi and Vikram also came there.

Pallavi:"success party"
Dida:"Vikram, see, i told you Ranbir will be able to do it. We know that our business made profit this month, since you started handling it. Congratulations."
She hugged Ranbir.
He noticed Pallavi's smirk. He untangled Dida's hand from the hug and stood in front Pallavi.

Ranbir:"we should have a success party, not for this month's profit but for for every month's."
Dida and Vikram looked on.

Ranbir:"the business was never in loss, right Mrs. Pallavi?"
Vikram:"what nonsense?"
Ranbir:"even i want to ask your wife, what nonsense is all this?"
Pallavi:"what do you mean? How will i know anything about business?"
Ranbir:"why not? You are 30% partner. You should know everything what happens."
Pallavi:"only on papers, your dad handles everything."

Ranbir:"then whyis you initials on everything file?"
Ranbir showed them a file from months ago which showed the profit records of the company.

Vikram looked at Pallav.
Ranbir:"one of your employees didn't clear the back up to hide it."

Pallavi clenched her fists in anger.
Ranbir:"the business is in profit and has always been in profit. Every record given to Mr. Kohli was faked by Mrs. Pallavi."

Dida:"why, Pallavi?"
Pallavi, pretending:"you are asking me why, Maa? The business was in loss years ago, When Ranbir was 14 years. Because every partner of ours got to know about Ranbir's drug addiction. They pulled out their money. Vikram was getting depressed with it. I needed to handle it. I didn't want Vikram to feel bad because of it. That's why i hid it."

Dida and Vikram were slowly getting trap in this. While the others who knew the truth was irritated by her.
Ranbir:"why are you still trying to hide it now? All these years you could have told him."

Pallavi:"yes i could have but didn't. You know why because of you."
They all looked on.
Pallavi:"when you started business, i thought it was the perfect way to reunite you with your dad. In form of business you will reconnect to your dad. That's why i lied. I wanted you to come here and handle the business."

Dida:"enough now, Ranbir. She is your mother, stop questioning her. What she did and why, she already explained us. No one will question her now."
Vikram:"yes. But understand thisPallavi, this boy ruined everything. And you know it too. Nothing can bring us together. Nothing."
Vikram left from there angrily while Pallavi smirked.
She also followed him with Dida.

Aryan:"how manipulative can she be?"
Shahana:"right."
Ranbir:@forget it. Now i am not involved in their business what so ever. Let them handle it on their own."
Aryan:"means you are going back?"
Ranbir looked at him.

Ranbir:"i have to. But you are going to come there as well."
Aryan nodded yes.
Shahana:"then we will have fun, just the four of us."
They all nodded.
They all didn't notice Rhea who was at the door hearing everything.
Rhea, to herself:"Ranbir is planning to go.... No, no he can't leave like this. I need to do something."
She left from there hurriedly.

———————
Couldn't update yesterday, so thought to do it early today. Hope you guys like this one.
And thank you guys for all the comments