Part 11: ruthlessness

At home:
Rhea and Shahana went to Mehra's house.
Ranbir met Dida and Vikram in the hall itself.

Dida, worriedly:"Ranbir, where were you?"
Ranbir, confused:"what happened?"
Aryan also entered at the same time and grew confused at the scene.

Dida:"Pallavi got hurt, she was bleeding. And she isn't saying how."
Ranbir signed Aryan to come with him but Vikram stopped him.
Vikram slapped Ranbir.
Aryan:"Uncle?"
Dida:"what are you doing, Vikram?"
Vikram:"he did all this."
Ranbir clenched his fists in order to control himself.

Vikram:"look at his hand. He is injured with glass. And Pallavi is also injured with glass. He did all of it."
Dida:"why will he do that?"
Vikram, angrily:"because he....."
Ranbir looked on.

Aryan:"let's go buddy."
Ranbir:"say it. Why will i do that? Say that i intentionally did that. Say that i want revenge from..."
Before he could finish it, Vikram punched him and continued hitting him.
Aryan and Dida tried to stop him but in vain.

Ranbir didn't fight back. Aryan came in between to stop Vikram.
Pallavi, from the stairs:"Vikram, what are you doing?"
She came and stopped him. She stood in between the father and son duo facing Ranbir.
Pallavi, smirking:"he is our son. You should not hurt him."
Aryan pulled Ranbir with him to his room.

Ranbir's room:
He hit the punching bag.
Aryan:"sit here. I will do your first aid."
Ranbir, angrily:"no. I am good. It was not the first time and i didn't have anyone."
Aryan:"but now you are not alone. Dida, me and now you have Prachi as well. You need to take care of yourself for her."

His phone rung but he threw it away.
Aryan:"talk to her."
Ranbir continued hitting the punching bag quietly.
He might have been quiet on the outside but inside it was boiling with anger.

Aryan took Ranbir's phone and left from there. He knew that Ranbir won't listen to anyone.
Ranbir remembered all the past events where Vikram had beaten him worst.

He was just 7 years old when he was in his room. Vikram came angrily there and dragged him.
Vikram:"what did you say to your mother?"
Ranbir didn't have the time to reply when he felt a burning sensation on his cheek.
That was the first time his Dad hit him. Until today he doesn't know why he was hit. What Pallavi said to Vikram that he started to hate his son.

He was angrily punching the bag. His wounded hand was bleeding heavily.

Second time was a week after, Vikram returned from work heavily drunk. That was the first time Ranbir saw his father completely wasted.
And he was completely alone. Pallavi went to see Dida who at that time lived in Pune.

Ranbir hid behind the sofa watching his dad pouring himself another glass.
He wanted to go steadily but unfortunately he hit something. That caught Vikram's attention.
Vikram:"what are you doing here?"
Ranbir, afraid:"nothing Dad. I was going to go to sleep now."
Vikram:"come here. Come."
He signed him to come nearer.

The latter followed his instructions. As he came closer, Vikram grabbed his chin forcefully.
He tried to remove his father's hand but he tightened his grip.
Vikram:"you started lying as well? That too to me. Everything that's happening is your fault. Why did you have to be born?"
That night, Vikram released all his anger on a 7 year old boy.
Hits, slaps, kicks, everything that could have been done.
Ranbir fell unconscious and woke up in a hospital the next day.
When the doctors interrogated him, he got to know that his parents said that he was facing bullying at school.

Pallavi was the only one who came to see him that day.
He wanted to hug his mother and cried his heart out but she didn't allow him.
Instead, she also hurt him threatening him not to say the truth to the doctors.
Ranbir started to see the truth of his parents. They were angry for various reason: Vikram's business downfall started. And Pallavi he didn't know.
After that night they both regularly hurt him to threaten and scare him.

Ranbir was sweating a lot while punching the bag. He didn't care about his hands. He wasn't feeling pain, all he was feeling was anger, rage. Against his own parents.

He heard the door opening and knew that it was Aryan. He still didn't stop punching the bag.
But someone moved the bag and stood in front of him.
He was just about to punch but stopped seeing Prachi.

(Pretend that it's a punching bag behind Prachi)

Aryan also came to him.
He looked away from her and turned to Aryan.

Prachi:"Ranbir...."
But he didn't turn, he didn't want to face her. She never saw him in this state and he didn't want it to happen.
He took a decorative piece and threw it on the mirror.
Aryan:"Ranbir, talk to us. I got her here for this. You can talk about it."
But Ranbir didn't want to face them. He hated this side of him.
After getting beaten up, he also turned aggressive and hot headed.

Prachi held his arm and turned him to face her.
Prachi, scolding him:"Fucking listen to me."
Ranbir avoided her eyes but listened to her nevertheless

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. Here you have a part of Ranbir's childhood.
Hope you guys liked it.