{Fifty-eight}

I was awake, but I didn't want to move. I was awake, but I didn't want to ruin the perfect moment. Last night was a rollercoaster of emotions, I saw Draco Malfoy cry. I still couldn't get the image of his eyes out of my head, silver, blue with the slight glisten of water which reflected the light. 

My head was still rested on his chest, he was so warm, too good to be true. I hadn't felt emotions like that in a long time, too long. I meant it when I said he was holding me together, he was in fact, everything that was keeping me sane. If he hadn't shown up at the manor, I would have most likely lost my mind and would have probably ended up either dead, or caught by Voldemort.

I felt his thumb begin to draw circles on my lower back, signalling that he was now awake. Though I still didn't move, I didn't lift my eyes to meet his, this was too good. We had both spilled our feelings, our secrets, our thoughts, and now we were closer than we had ever been before. 

I allowed my mind to travel back to his tender words,

"I do love you."

The words wouldn't leave my mind, not even if I built up the walls I used for occlumency. Nothing could stop my mind from wondering, wondering what would have happened if I didn't go into hiding. What would have happened if Draco didn't show up. I thought about all the things that could have happened, and found they all had a terrible outcome, this was the best it could get, and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

I finally decided to move, only slightly. I began using my fingers to lightly trace across the scars that lingered on his pale torso. The scars we both shared, though I had no idea how he got his, he knew about mine, he knew almost anything and everything about me. Unlike him, I didn't ask, this morning was one of the best mornings we had shared and I wasn't about to ruin it with such a question.

"My father and aunt." He said in a low and raspy morning voice.

"Huh?" I kept my eyes on his light scars.

"That's where they're from. They trained me. You might think I'm hard on you, but trust me, compared to them... your training is nothing." He held me tighter as he talked.

I thought that nothing could make that morning better, but he did. Of course he did. He was opening up, telling me things he wouldn't tell another soul. My eyes saddened at the thought of his family doing this to him, large slash wounds were spread across his body, grazing over his muscles. 

I exhaled loudly into his chest, burying myself into him while doing so. 

"Can we just stay in bed forever?" I closed my eyes but tilted my head up to his.

"We still haven't finished your training love." I could hear his smile through his morning voice. It was low and raspy, sending chills down my spine every single time one word would fall from his delicious lips.

I sighed and rolled over onto my back with my head still resting on his warm being. I smiled at the memories of last night, though it was sad, there was something beautiful about it. Something so undeniably exquisite about releasing the built up tension, it filled me with happiness. I began to think about his name, Draco; Dragon. The thought of dragons didn't bring me to the blood that ran through my veins, but it brought me to the thought of my patronus. With the memory of last night freshly branded into my mind, I cast the spell without a word, only opening my eyes when a bright light crept through my eyelids.

There it was, I hadn't truly realised until now that my patronus was a Ukrainian Ironbelly. I smiled as I watched it glide through my room.

"You know how to cast a patronus?" Draco wondered out loud, he seemed to be taken back by the blue silver light.