{Forty-four}

{WARNING - This chapter mentions sexual abuse}

I was warm, tucked up nicely in my bed. My room was dark when I heard the door creak open. I did my best to close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. 

"Are you awake Fawnie?" 

Don't move. Don't move. Don't move.

"Are you pretending to be asleep Fawnie?"

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

The warm covers were ripped off my body.

"Trying to cover up?" 

He pulled and tugged on my hoodie and sweatpants as I struggled to kick him off me.

"Happy birthday Fawnie." 

"GET OFF ME!"

"Stop struggling."

"NO!"

"Stay still you little brat."

"PLEASE!"

"Stupefy."

Black.

I was choking. Drowning. My limbs were brought back to life as I grabbed his hand which was held tightly on the back of my neck.

My face tingled due to the lack of oxygen. He wouldn't let me up.

I CAN'T BREATHE!

"Fawn!"

I gasped for air, I grasped my neck, my cheeks were wet from the tears. Onyx had shook me awake, the look on her face terrified me. I tried to slow my breathing down to a normal pace, though that was hard when you thought you were drowning all of two seconds ago. 

Onyx stood from my bed and placed a record on the record player, playing it loud enough for me to hear, but not loud enough to bleed through the walls. As she approached my bed she held out her arms, checking if it was okay to hug me. I nodded, tears flooding from my puffy eyes. She crawled next to me in my bed, encasing me in her arms.

She didn't ask questions, she didn't talk. She just lay there, arms giving me warmth as I cried on her shoulder until I eventually fell asleep.

"Blimey you two, get up. We'll be late!" Blaise called through the door.

Onyx was awake, she still hung onto me, playing with my hair to keep me calm. 

"I won't ask." She smiled as I met her gaze.

"Well shit- I knew what Walker did wasn't cool, but I didn't expect this from you Fawn." Blaise smirked as he walked through the door.

Onyx threw a pillow directly at Blaise's head and gave him a look to shut the fuck up. He nodded slightly before telling us to hurry up.

I wasn't bothered by my appearance. After a nightmare, how I looked was the least of my worries. I was drained, the amount of energy I had left in my body was slim to none. 

Onyx and I walked to the great hall together, I looked worse than I have in a long time. Onyx looked stunning as usual, we didn't speak until we parted ways and I sat with my Gryffindors.

I sat in between Fred and George, completely forgetting the events of last night.

"Hey Fawn." George smiled lightly.

The memory of last night was brought back to me, I was disgusted that I had sat where I did. I was about to stand up and leave when Hermione asked a question.