"I... I'm sorry, I'm just stressed baby, I love you both" She sobs gripping at Clays' jumper, despite his age he was still taller than her. 

"I know, Go to bed ok I'll deal with Drista" Clay whispers pulling away from the woman before him, he hardly recognized her anymore. Her eyes had sunken in, her hair was cut and a mess, her bones were showing through her clothing, evidently malnourished and pale. Her bloodshot eyes drowning in the consequences of her actions. 

"You're such a good kid..." She whispers before closing her door. Clay lets out a hushed sob before jogging to deal with his sister who was passed out by the time he got to her, how much longer would he have to do this for? 

The house falls silent, each of them asleep, Clay sits motionless on the floor, one hand over his mouth to hush his sobs, a blade in the other, his arm lay flat against his chest, the glistening liquid seeping from it. He sat, watching the purest form of red slowly drip from his body. Texts between himself and Sapnap laying on his screen, his shattered and broken screen laying on the floor in front of his curled-up body. He knew Drista didn't deserve it, he couldn't leave her, He knew Sapnap and Karl didn't deserve it, he would stick around no matter how hard it would get. ut he couldn't help but know that he was too young to be facing the pain of his homelife collapsing, the pain of raising his sister. 

Weeks later he was begging beside his father's corpse, aching for his support to come back. The two people he loved most in the world were gone. First his mother, and like a domino effect, his father followed. 

His Aunty lightly ties the black tie around his white collared button-up shirt. 

"You ok hon?" His Aunty whispers, Drista sat on the bed eyes fixated out the window. Clay gives a numb nod, eyes piling with tears before his head falls, His aunt pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Why does this keep happening" Clay sobs through a humorless chuckle. His aunt pulls her finger under Clays' chin forcing his emerald eyes to meet hers.

"What they did was out of your control, you did all you could" She whispers, attempting to not draw the attention of Drista who spaced off to her own world. 

"Drista let's go" He whispers. Drista's eyes falling on the blonde who had placed a comforting smile on his face. He had to be strong... For her. 

They had made it to the ceremony, Karl attempting to distract Drista who distanced herself from her friends, Sapnap following Clay who slowly grew numb with each person he greeted, each offering the usual 

"Were sorry for your loss" "Call if you need anything" "We wish we were there" 

If you're so sorry for their loss why didn't you show up until today? Why would we call someone we've met once because you needed something, If you wished you were here earlier you should've shown up. He was slowly growing intolerant to their responses and greetings.

"My dear grandson-" 

"Don't call me that, If you gave half a fuck about me or my family you would've been there when she came home fucking high and drunk out of this goddamn world which would've stopped my dad from following, so fuck the hell off" Clay finally snapped, Sapnap pulling the distraught 16-year-old away from the guests and into the church. It wasn't long until the ceremony started, his parents' coffins being lugged into the church, holding his sisters for dear life who sobbed into his shirt, tears falling down his face as he held back the inevitable breakdown over their loss. 

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll never leave you ok" Clay whispers to his sister. 

"I know" She whispers still sobbing. Clay's eyes draw to the ceiling fighting back the lump in his throat that was making it hard to breathe. He didn't think he'd care as much as he did, he missed them more than he thought he would.