06 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Really? Family?" Alexei scoffed. "Well, where are they now? Where is that family now?"

"Right here, jackass." Carson spoke up. "Now tell us where the Red Room is."

Alexei narrowed his eyes at Carson, growing slightly frustrated that it seemed to have no effect on the younger man. "I have no idea. Okay?"

Yelena scoffed and shook her head. Natasha ripped off her headset and moved into the back of the helicopter to sit next to Carson, pulling Alexei's headset off on the way.

Carson took his headset off and moved up so Natasha could sit down and have enough room.

"Oh come on! You and Dreykov were like..." Natasha raised her voice but was cut off by Alexei.

"Dreykov?!"

"Yeah."

"General Dreykov, my friend, huh?" Alexei put his feet up on the bench. "Gives me glory... Soviet Union's first and only super soldier. I could have been more famous than Captain America. Then he buries me in Ohio on that STUPID, stupid mission. Three years! So tedious, boring me to tears!" He turned to Yelena. "No offense, huh?"

A frown formed on Yelena's face and she looked away, turning her attention back out the window in front of her. Carson leant back so he could get a clear view of her and took note of the way she started tapping her hand on her leg to distract her from Alexei's words, the man she saw as a father, well... used to. She's be lying if she said she wasn't upset.

Carson stood up and walked over to the pilot seat, sitting down next to Yelena. He leant forward towards the window and drew a small smiley face in the condensation, over to Yelena's side just enough for her to see. She looked down at the drawing and smiled.

"Is it better this time?" He asked. "One eye isn't bigger than the other is it?

Yelena chuckled lightly. "It's okay I guess."

"Wow, just okay?" Carson faux frowned. "You're hurting my feelings here Lena."

Yelena moved forwards and drew her own smiley face next to his, just like they did earlier. She leant back in her chair and cocked her head to the side as she looked at them both.

"Yup, mines still better." She shrugged.

"Oh come on!" Carson huffed. "You gotta give me at least some credit."

Natasha watched the interaction between the two and smiled to herself, happy that they finally seemed to be getting along and were comfortable around each other. Her smiled faded when Alexei started talking again.

"Then he puts me in prison for the rest of my life. Why, huh?" Alexei said in an annoyed tone. "Why? Why would he put me in... You know why? 'Cause maybe I want to talk about the withering of the state. Or maybe I don't like his hair or something and I say something casually about that. Maybe, you know, I want the party to actually feel like a party, instead of this sourpuss organization. But instead, no! He puts me in prison for the rest of my life. He just runs off and hides, huh? I'm not even the one who, uh, you know... I'm not the one who killed his daughter."

Carson clenched his jaw and looked at Alexei from the back of his seat. "Are you quite done? You're giving me earache with all your pathetic whining."