Chapter Thirty-Six: Speech Giving Day

Chapter Thirty-Six

"Speech Giving Day"

Hyun Nam De's POV

I went to work happy the next morning. The meeting that decided the owner of the company was that that morning. Tah Shay didn't come home the previous night, which was a good sign. I entered the conference hall and began the meeting.

*************************************************************************************************************

Natash'a POV

Woke up and saw Yi Soo-Tae sleeping close to me. He held onto my hand while he slept. He looked cute too. He then woke up at the sound of my phone beeping. After exchanging greetings, he handed over my phone and I saw a reminder from my secretary that the meeting had started.

I told Yi Soo-Tae to take me to the company but he insisted I check in with the doctor if it was okay to leave. We were already late when the doctor came in and permitted us to go.

*************************************************************************************************************

Hyun Nam De's POV

The meeting was going smoothly after Bee Na gave his short speech. When they noticed Natasha was not around, they murmured. I knew it was the right time to strike. I stood up and gave a speech attacking her right to run the company.

"As we all know, my husband and I built this company. We followed certain traditions over the years and we've tried our best to inculcate these traditions into our children. Now, there seem to be a misunderstanding, Natasha Fay can't run this company. She lacks those traditions that has kept us for years. I took my time to check her background, her father was a bus driver and her mother never had a stable job. So what tradition, what skill did they inculcate in her that will help her run Gateway?" I said and everyone seemed to agree.

"Courage and determination" I heard someone say. I turned back and it was Natasha

"What did you just say? Ladies and gentlemen, there is the potential owner of Gateway, arriving after two hours of agreed time. So rude!" I almost yelled

***************************************************************************************************************

Natasha's POV

I walked in on Hyun Nam De giving a speech and talking bad about my parents. I clenched my fist in anger. One thing was certain, she wasn't going to get away with it, oh no, not messing with my  late parents.

**************************************************************************************************************

Bee Na's POV

I knew how sensitive Tah Shay was with her late parents. Before the meeting I was worried about her health, I was even uneasy giving my speech. When mother gave hers, I was angry and when Tah Shay walked in, my heart was about to jump out of my chest. To my surprise, Tah Shay fought back.

"Annyeongaseyo to everyone. I was hospitalized last night and I just left the hospital to attend to this. I don't have a speech ready but Hyun Nam De just made it easy" she as tears ran down her cheeks ".........it's true what she said about my parents but she lied when she said they never inculcated traditions in me. My father, growing up taught me to be courageous and determined, no matter how little no matter how big. My mum told me never to give up no matter how hard it gets and to always humble myself. I.......I'm not a professional but you can read about the things I've acquired with courage and determination. Unity is also important for a company to grow, my family had that. By chance, can you say you kept your family united all these years? Hyun.....Nam....De"

Tah Shay and my mother had a staring contest while the board made their decision. Tah Shay was appointed as the owner of Gateway and mother walked out angrily. I walked up to Tah Shay as she wiped her tears away. She noticed me coming towards her and she turned her back to open the door. I held her arm and stopped her from leaving.

"Miane haeyo for the way mother acted" I said

"Every one should care for their own mistakes" she said then Yi Soo-Tae appeared

"Tah Shay! Qweanchin-a??" he said and I let go of her arm

"Ye! Let's go" she said and they left, leaving me unstable again.

After a stressful day, I went back home with mother. When we came down from the car, I noticed Yi Soo Tae's car was parked outside. He had to be with Tah Shay I reasoned. I clenched my fist and went inside along with mother. To our surprise, they were chatting while drinking wine and eating snacks ON THE FLOOR! I was totally jealous. That was our thing.

"How dare you sit comfortably after your little stunt?" mother asked

"My little stunt? Omo! Have you forgotten so soon? Aigooo! Old people should retire" Tah Shay replied with a smirk

Mother said nothing and went upstairs. Yi Soo-Tae continued his chit chat and Tah Shay seemed happy with him as though I wasn't standing there.

**************************************************************************************************************

Natasha's POV

I completely shot Bee Na out. He went upstairs without altering a word. I smirked at his reaction. After Yi Soo-Tae left, I went to face Hyun Nam De. I was still mas at what she did and I wanted her to know that.

"Today was just a warning" I said as I barged into her room

"How dare you?" she almost yelled and stood in front of me

"No need to raise your voice. Save it for the war I'm about to start. Make no mistake, you won the battle, but this war, I will never let you win." I said and walked out

Outside her room, I bumped into Bee Na. He asked what happened and why his mother was screaming. I told him to go ask her and started walking away. Not too long, he grabbed my arm again.

"What are you doing to us?" he said

"Us? There is no us" I replied looking directly into his eyes

"I'm not talking about you and me. I'm talking about me, my mother, Yi Soo-Tae, Na Kim. What game are you playing with us?" he yelled

"A game of thorns Bee Na and I hope you get hurt" I said and walked away

***********************************************************************************************************

Hyun Nam De's POV

"That brat. She dare pick a war with me? She had better be ready for it" I said and clenched my fist.