62.

Milo POV

Checking the time for what felt like the hundredth time, it read 12:01 a.m. I think it was safe to assume she wasn't coming.
Getting up and turning off the lights there was a knock on the door.
Opening it she stood in front of me looking nervous.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." She apologized.
"It's all good, come on." I said opening the door. Taking in her appearance she had on an oversized sweatshirt, sweats and uggs. Chuckling to myself, I knew her like the back of my hand still.
"What?" She asked.
"You fell asleep huh?" I asked.
"I did. T'ziah was giving me the lecture of a lifetime a few hours ago, he made me need a nap afterwards." She said. Chuckling again I took a seat on the couch.
"Lecture about what?" I asked and the room fell quiet.
"I'm sure you already know, but I never did go and file my own divorce." She said playing with her nails.
"I mean I figured since I never got served, but we hadn't spoke, so I guess I didn't understand why you wouldn't." I said honestly.

Looking at me sadly, she reached in her purse. Handing me something.

I looked at her then back at the ultrasound

"Congrats." I said handing her back the ultrasound.
"That's it?" She asked, standing up.
"Why you standing?" I asked standing too.
"Is that all you had to say?" She asked.
"I mean yeah." I said looking at her plainly. She chuckled turning towards the door.
"Where you going?" I asked.
"Back to the hotel. This was a mistake." She said wiping her tears.
"It's a mistake to tell the father of your child you're pregnant?" I asked.
"It's yours Milo." She cried.
"Did I say something that made you feel like I had any doubts about that?"
She said nothing.
"Say something. Cus you standing here crying like I said something to hurt you." I said looking at her.
She just shrugged.

"Tiana you are twenty-two years old. You have to grow up eventually." I said feeling annoyed that she was saying absolutely nothing.
"It's just that everything we went through a few months ago, I guess I just assumed you were going to ask me if you were the father. But you were the last man I was with sexually, and I know the baby is yours. But I didn't think it would be something I could explain that easily to you." She said.
"I can read Tiana. I saw that you are 16 weeks. And I know that's approximately four months. I was there four months ago, I know what happened so nah I don't have any doubts." I said.
"What does that even mean Milo?"
"That means I didn't pull out. There's was no reason to, we were still legally married. But you are so focused on me doubting you that your missing the real issue here." I said.
"What's the issue?" She asked.
"Tiana we've been living separately for almost a year, raising our daughter miles apart, and now we're bringing another baby into the mix and you don't think it might be important to figure out what we are doing?" I asked pointing between us.

Walking past me she took a seat on the couch. Following behind her I took a seat across from her.
"Do you ever think about all we've been through?" She asked.
"Of course I do."
"I mean like all of it. We got married and had a baby before I even turned twenty-one. Not to mention all the drama and shit we've gone through on top of that. Don't you feel we rushed everything?" She asked. And I chuckled.
"Yeah I think we rushed things back then. I was young and in love. You being my daughter's mother only made it that much easier for me to want to spend the rest of my life with you. Life came at us hard but I never regretted it for a second." I said honestly.
"But you were the one who asked for the divorce to begin with Milo?"
"And you once asked for a divorce too Tiana. But when I realized that's not what I wanted, I withdrew it before it was too late."
"So what do you want now?" She asked quietly.
"I want my kids not to grow up like I did Tiana. But that starts with us. You haven't filed for divorce but you also haven't picked up the phone and called in four months. I've met just about everyone of your family members just to get my daughter, but haven't seen you. You're four months pregnant now, I haven't been to a single appointment with you, I don't know shit about this pregnancy, and that's because this is what you asked for. So I guess I should be asking you what do you want?"
"I just want to be happy Milo." She said shaking her head.
"Well if I don't make you happy Tiana, you can say that. If you just want to co-parent, just say it. Why is that so hard for you?" I asked.
"Because I just can't." She said frustrated. "I've spent months dating other people only to compare them to you. And all I can do is be mad at myself for not seeing how amazing you were to me when I had the chance. So to say I want you back. I want our family. That just seems selfish to me, since I am the one who got us here."
"But if that's what you want, say it." I urged.
"Milo I want to be with you. I want our kids to grow up in a two parent household. I want to see my dreams through but stand by your side while you do the same. But if I can't have it all, I guess I don't want any of it."
I nodded.
"Look around Tiana, I'm living my dreams baybeh. Only thing that's missing is y'all. But I'm not gone beg you. I've done everything I can to show you where I want to be, it's on you now." I said.

She said nothing just looked at me.
"I have a doctors appointment here in Cleveland Monday. I would like for you to come." She said.
"I'll be there." I nodded and she seemed satisfied.
"I'll call you." She said and with that she hurried out the door.

I just prayed she figured out what she really wanted to do. She had my heart, but I had given all I could give to this relationship. Either it was enough or it wasn't.