"Does he have to be there?"

"Tis his money, child. Besides, he may have a solution to yer problem that we havenae thought of. Come now, we'll leave the washing for tomorrow. I'll get ye a treat and then its off to bed with ye."

He nodded and they went to the kitchen.

**********

The next morning, Merida knocked on Higgs' door and it opened slowly, a piece of paper coming out.

DULLAHAN

"Oh, alright. Thank ye for the warning." The door opened more and Higgs motioned for her to come in. "I need to speak with ye about Edgar."

WHAT IS IT?

"He wants to stay here instead of going back to the school."

WHY?

"I will have to let him explain. Ye need to speak with him."

WHY DO I NEED TO BE INVOLVED?

"An I recall, it isnae my money sending him to fancy school. An he isnae going back, then I would ken ye'd want to know the reasons. Besides, it's yer house."

OH. WELL, I CAN TRY, BUT IT WILL BE HARD TO SPEAK WITH HIM LIKE THIS. LAST TIME, I RECALL, HE PISSED HIS PANTS.

"He was a wee lad at the time. I will warn him but he doesnae have that long before he has to go back with Radek."

TELL HIM TO MEET ME IN MY OFFICE THEN.

"Ye alright? Ye seem agitated."

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MEET ELIZABETH LIKE THIS?

Merida smiled. "With ye head held high, of course."

GET. OUT. he wrote, holding up the paper and pointing to the door vehemently.

Merida looked over at his dismembered head and found it was a red color, the anger flowing across the room. In the four years Merida had known her employer, for her, the head jokes never got old.

****************

"Of course he's a Dullahan." Edgar said with a nervous laugh.

"So ye arenae going to speak with him?"

"How? That's the only creature he turns into that scares me out of my wits. Besides, can he even hear me? Will the head be there?"

"Aye, his head will be somewhere but he'll probably keep it hidden to save face." She smiled, remembering to keep that for later. "But ye dinnae have long to decide about talking to him. Radek is going to be going back soon and he will want to take ye along. Besides, dinnae ye ken it would be easier this way? Ye dinnae have to actually look at his face."

Edgar thought about it and Merida did have a point. "I guess."

"Then it's settled. Also, be aware he's in a mood."

"Now you tell me?"

"I mean because Elizabeth is supposed to come and he's a Dullahan so..."

"Oh..."

*************

Higgs drummed his fingers on the desk as Edgar finished explaining his issue. He had a fair point but it was tricky.

HOW LONG DO YOU NEED?

"The rest of the year? I'll retake it if I have to. I don't mind..."