Za Fool

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now I'm sure the most of you have heard rumors about assigning teams, well allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be assigned teammates. Today.

Ruby: Aww....

Y/N: That's fair.

Ozpin: this teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here in beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone you can work with.

Ruby: what, no....

Y/N: so.... We can choose our partners?

Ozpin: Well yes, but actually no. Whoever you lock eyes with the moment you arrive in the emerald forest will be your partner for the next four years.

Y/N suddenly heard the shadow of a sound of glass breaking and glanced at Ruby who was in a state of denial and shock.

Ruby: what!?

???: See, I told you.

Ozpin: after you've partnered up, make your way to the end of the northern forest. You will meet opposition along the way, do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path or you will die.

Jaune: hehe, *gulps*

Y/N: Roger that.

Ozpin: you will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But do know that your instructors will not move to save you no matter what happens.

Y/N: (so much for hiding my semblance) *yawns*

Ozpin: you will find an abandoned temple containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. You will guard that item and your standing and we will grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Y/N's attention was caught by Jaune who raised his hand.

Jaune: yeah, uh sir.

Ozpin: good. Now take your positions.

Y/N watched as one by one each of the students started to strike a pose. He thought to himself what it was for but decided best not to question it

Jaune: uhm...sir, I've got a....um... question.

Y/N looked at Weiss who was launched into the air.

Jaune: so this uh, landing strategy thing or something. Umm...what is it? Are you dropping us off or something?

Ozpin: no. You will be falling,

Y/N: with style.

Jaune: oh, uh, I see. Did you, uh, prepare parachutes for us?

Ozpin: No. You will be using your own landing strategy.

Jaune: uhh-huh...Kay

Y/N: I pray for your survival.

Jaune: so, uh Y/N. What exactly is a landing stratEGY!?

Y/N watched as Jaune was suddenly launched into the air breaking off his sentence. He turned his attention to Ozpin who watched the blonde haired man sail through the air with an amused smile.

Ozpin: I have the best job.

Y/N: I see.

Ozpin raised his mug towards Y/N who nodded in return before being sent to fly by the catapult below his feet. He didn't feel the usual adrenaline people would normally feel free falling from a height like that, but instead he wore the same bored expression he always had and yawned. He spreads his feet apart and used his strenght to catch a branch of an upcoming tree causing him to spin around and land directly on it.