The night before

Y/N was sitting on the railings of one of the many windows scattered around the ballroom. He watched the silver moon with a face that was impossible to read, only revealing a small smile as he sighed contentedly.

Yang: well someone's happy.

Y/N: We finally get to sleep, of course I'm happy.

As if on cue, a yawn escaped Y/N's lips causing Yang to chuckle.

Yang: You always look so tired no matter what time in the day it is.

Y/N: I mean why bother doing stuff when I can just sleep the day away while waiting for important stuff to happen?

Yang: Yikes, can't leave you alone otherwise you'll actually do that.

Y/N: I don't care.

Yang shook her head despite having a smile plastered on her face as she watched Y/N get up and walk towards the bathroom.

Yang: It's like one big sleepover ain't it Ruby!

Yang shouted as she plops herself on the makeshift bed beside Ruby who was busy writing something on her notebook.

Ruby: I don't think dad would approve of all the boys though.

Yang: I know I do.

Yang smirked while staring at the boys that were shirtless across the room, eventually her eyes landed on Jaune who was wearing a blue onesie and Y/N who was wearing a crab themed pajama causing her to cringe.

Y/N: I still don't understand the fashion sense dude

Jaune: you're questioning me? You look like you're ready to go to the beach with that shirt and shorts!

Y/N: Crabs are Crabs my friends. Someday you'll understand their glory.

Jaune: the only glory I want from them when they're cooked.

Y/N: Monster....

Yang chuckled to herself after watching the Y/N and Jaune bicker with one another.

Yang: so what you doing there?

Ruby: I'm writing a letter to my friends back in signal academy. I promised I'll tell them all about Beacon.

Y/N: make sure to tell them how Jaune is literally wearing a onesie.

Both Ruby and Yang looked up to see Y/N with a bored expression plastered on her face. He then jumps and starts making himself comfortable as he lays on the window stills.

Ruby: uhh... What are you doing?

Y/N: sleeping obviously.

Yang: on the window?

Y/N: yeah?

Ruby: for someone that wants to sleep all the time, you sleep in weird ways.

Y/N: I have no idea what you're talking about, don't you realize I get free air-conditioning here?

The cool night breeze suddenly blows causing cold air to hit Y/N's skin causing him to shiver and sigh in content

Y/N: If you were half as smart as a chimpanzee you'd realize that.

Yang: how many times has he been sassy today?

Ruby: I've lost count after the one where he told Jaune he looked like a mannequin with a wig.

Y/N: True though. Anyway, what are you guys talking about?

Yang: I was just gonna point out how cute Ruby was for writing a letter to her friends.