nine

several weeks later...

I took my car keys and set up my GPS as I began driving to the address Dalton gave me. We're finally meeting up today. I was a little nervous, because I had this weird feeling whenever I saw a picture of him. I didn't know what this feeling was, but it's something quite familiar, I just haven't felt like this in a long time.

The GPS told me that I have arrived, so I stopped in front of a building that looked quite fancy. I got out of the car and locked it then entered the building.

"Hi, how can I help you?" the lady at the front table asked.

"I have a scheduled meeting with Dalton Gomez."

"Alright, follow me," she said. She led me to a room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard a man's voice reply. Damn, that was sexy. She opened the door and there I saw him. Holy shit, he looks even cuter in person.

"Hey Ariana," he smiled, "have a seat."

I sat down on the chair in front of him and the lady from the front table left to give us some privacy. He looked so handsome. Everything about him was perfect, starting from his eyes, the tattoos on his arm, to his smile, which gave me butterflies in my stomach.

"Um, Ariana?" he called, snapping me out of my thoughts. I felt my cheeks burn up.

"Uh, I'm sorry," I blushed, "I must've lost focus, I didn't get enough sleep last night."

"That's okay," he chuckled, "just take it slow."

"So, you're looking for a house around the hills, am I right?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"So, I've got these houses around the hills listed, and I think you'll love them," he said, showing me his laptop screen. There were pictures of the houses, both inside and outside along with their prices.

"I love this one," I pointed at a picture of a house with a pool outside.

"That's a great choice, it suits you a lot," he smiled, "I can give you a tour around the house sometime."

Damn, that smile gave me butterflies every time.

"I would love to," I smiled.

"Great, when can I give you the house tour?" he asked.

"I'll have to fly to Vegas tomorrow and will be back in California for my shows in San Francisco on December 17th and 18th. I'll be flying back to California on December 17th, but my schedule will be very packed until the 18th, so maybe we can have the house tour on the 19th. Will you be available on that day?"

"Wait, let me check my schedule," he said and checked on the calendar on his table.

"Yup, I'll be available."

"Great, I guess I'll see you again next week," I smiled.

"Also, my sister Tori is actually a big fan of you and told me to give you this," he said shyly, giving me a decorated envelope.

"Thanks," I smiled, "Actually, can we FaceTime her?"

"Sure, if you want to," he smiled. He took his phone out and rang his sister. Soon, she picked up and her face popped up on the screen.

"Hey Daldie Baldie!" she beamed, "How was meeting Ariana Grande?"

"It was great," he smiled, "Actually, someone wants to meet you."

"Hey Tori," I smiled and she gasped.

"OH MY GOSH, HI!" she squealed. I chuckled.

"Your brother gave me this envelope, so I decided why not FaceTime you?" I smiled.

"Holy shit, is this even real life?"

"Well, it is, and guess what? I'm giving you and Dalton tickets for my last show in Inglewood," I smiled, "and you'll get backstage passes too, I want to meet you in person."

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna pass out," she squealed and I laughed.

"How are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm really stressed out, it's my first semester in college, and there are already tons of assignments to do," she sighed.

"Awe, I'm sorry, but at least Christmas break will be here soon," I tried to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, I guess so," she chuckled, "I can't wait for Christmas, I really hate studying, I need a break."

"I also really can't wait to see you!" she smiled. "Me neither."

"I really don't want to end this, but I have to go now, I have to go to Anaheim for the soundchecks, so see you in Inglewood. Also, you can ask Dalton for my number if you want to so that we can text or call anytime," I lightly smiled.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I will definitely remember this for the rest of my life. Good luck with tonight's show!"

"Thanks Tori."

She hung up and Dalton put his phone away.

"Your sister seems really sweet."

"Yeah, when she's not annoying," he laughed a little.

"That's on having siblings," I chuckled.

"Anyway, I have to go now, I'll have a soundcheck in two hours, and the arena is around an hour away," I said to him, "Thank you so much for your time."

"See you on the 19th and have a safe trip," he smiled. "Thank you."

I exited the building and went back inside my car and drove to the tour crew's meeting point. We boarded the tour bus and headed to Anaheim.

***

after the show...

"Girl, who got you smiling like that?" Victoria smirked, trying to see who I was texting.

"It's nothing, I'm just texting the real estate agent I'm working with," I answered.

"You like him, don't you?" she smirked.

"Here we go again," I rolled my eyes, "you and Courtney are just the same. I'm not trying to find love again, relationships are just not for me."

"Oh come on, I can see it in your eyes."

"It's just, I'm scared," I said quietly, "I don't know if I'm ready, especially after everything that happened. I don't know if I can trust any other men in my life."

"I'm so sorry," she embraced me into a hug.

"It's okay," I lightly smiled, "I'm pretty much used to it. I guess I'll just stay single for the rest of my life."