eight

several months later...

We exit the stage as we finished performing thank u, next. I went into my dressing room and changed into something comfortable. We then went inside the tour bus and drove to the hotel. I flopped down on the little bed inside the bus and let out a sigh. My head was aching, but I decided to carry on, I couldn't let my fans down. It's not that bad anyway.

We finally finished the second leg of the Sweetener World Tour, we're flying back to the United States tomorrow. I couldn't be more grateful. I didn't even think I would be touring again in the first place. A lot of things happened the past few months. After spending a total of six weeks at the mental facility, I was finally discharged. I met a lot of amazing people who were also suffering from the same thing. I even met a fan named Jane who was there for bipolar disorder, and we got along pretty well. I was really sad when she had to go two weeks before I did, but at the same time, I was also happy for her because she finally felt better. We still text and keep each other updated on our lives and I got to meet her again a few months ago during one of my meet and greets. Although I finally made it out of the facility, I still had weekly therapy sessions and monthly appointments with a psychiatrist, since I still had to take medications for my depression and anxiety. My nightmares still haunt me a lot.

Myron snuggled up next to me and I pet his head. Toulouse growled in jealousy and I laughed, giving him a pet on his head. I yawned and decided to close my eyes for a little.

***

a week later...

"So, what's your plan after tour?" Courtney asked me as we relaxed in the living room of her house. I've been staying at her house while we're in New York during the tour break because I still didn't have the courage to stay at my apartment.

"I don't know, Court," I sighed, "I'll probably move, my apartment just brings back too many bad memories."

"How about LA? You have a house there."

"I don't know. To be honest, I want a fresh start, so I'll probably buy a new house. I'll have to contact my team to help me find a real estate agent," I told her.

"You go girl!" she chuckled, "You're the one who wrote 7 rings."

"Your team might also find you a cute real estate agent," she winked.

"Oh, shut up," I playfully rolled my eyes, "I don't believe in love anymore, true love doesn't exist."

"Whoa, girl, that's kinda harsh."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, I'm gonna contact my team for a while," I told her. I took my laptop and sent an email to my team, telling them to help find me a real estate agent in LA.

***

"Dalton Gomez from Aaron Kirman Group," I read out what my team found. I clicked on the link they gave me to know more about him. As soon as I clicked on the link, a picture of a man popped up on my screen. I gotta admit it, he's kinda cute. Wait, what was I thinking? He probably has a girlfriend and is not interested in some pop star who the world sees as a whore.

"Girl, I see you blushing," Courtney smirked.

"Oh shut up," I playfully hit her arm.

"Come on, just admit that you like him, I can see it in your eyes," she smirked.

"Look, he does look like a nice guy and a great person to work with, but I don't have time for that kind of shit, true love doesn't exist, at least not for me."

"Girl, what? Are you hungry? Come on, let's get you some food."

"Nah, I ain't hungry, I just ate something a little over an hour ago."